mudman
04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
wow big ern thats just what i need, looks awsome[cheers]

the-t-man
04-11-2006, 07:29 PM
that is one nice lift/sas kit...

Toyrantula
04-11-2006, 09:24 PM
I noticced a wrecked Taco in the local wrecking yard. Had a lift in it but not sure on the condition.

Try calling Interior Auto Wrecking here in Vernon.

G-rizzle Swank
04-11-2006, 09:48 PM
is that a dana 44? should put in fj60 axles instead, BAM is selling some

Hello Kitty
04-11-2006, 09:52 PM
The ONLY worthwile lift out there for the Taco right now

http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=80

3 link with walker evan's adjustable coilovers:cool:

not to talk bad or highjack but looks like they shipped derek rears instead of fronts for his sas.

unreal kit for the money from those guys though.

Big_Ern
04-11-2006, 11:10 PM
not to talk bad or highjack but looks like they shipped derek rears instead of fronts for his sas.

unreal kit for the money from those guys though.

huh?

Rears are what you want for up front since they move the axle forward and give you a better approach angle. What kit did he get? Most of the 'kits' include custom front springs that are modelled after the stock rear springs since they work so well and move the axle ahead.

Hello Kitty
04-11-2006, 11:13 PM
huh?

Rears are what you want for up front since they move the axle forward and give you a better approach angle. What kit did he get? Most of the 'kits' include custom front springs that are modelled after the stock rear springs since they work so well and move the axle ahead.

they are way too long. bump stop are touching, shackles are on the leafs.

you are the wizard move this to avoid whoring this thread.

Big_Ern
04-11-2006, 11:29 PM
HiJack this BItch-EZ[22]

how long is way to long? Stock rears are about 48" and that what most aftermarket fronts are as well. Most aftermarket rears are around 56"

what kit did your buddy get? and from who? chances are they just screwed up and sent the wrong leafs. Maybe call them and work a deal so you can keep those for the back and they send you new ones?

Hello Kitty
04-11-2006, 11:42 PM
HiJack this BItch-EZ[22]

how long is way to long? Stock rears are about 48" and that what most aftermarket fronts are as well. Most aftermarket rears are around 56"

what kit did your buddy get? and from who? chances are they just screwed up and sent the wrong leafs. Maybe call them and work a deal so you can keep those for the back and they send you new ones?

it was the allpro lift/ sas he got. unreal kit. looks like it's a lil strange. will figure it all out. oh ya, he got the 5".

bump stops are touching, shit hits the oil pan, shackles are weirdo. that's why thinkin sent too long of leafs for front.

Big_Ern
04-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Whats it for? taco? or an older toy?

Allpro also offers some really low & soft 2" buggy leafs which maybe you guys got by mistake?

Also.., Does your buddy have a V6 3.0L? the oil pan on those is a lot deeper than the 22r/e and often will hit the tierod & drag link, but 5" should be enough clearance...:confused:

i dunno, call them up with some measurements or part numbers on the springs and see what they say. Allpro has always been good for customer service

Hello Kitty
04-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Whats it for? taco? or an older toy?

Allpro also offers some really low & soft 2" buggy leafs which maybe you guys got by mistake?

Also.., Does your buddy have a V6 3.0L? the oil pan on those is a lot deeper than the 22r/e and often will hit the tierod & drag link, but 5" should be enough clearance...:confused:

i dunno, call them up with some measurements or part numbers on the springs and see what they say. Allpro has always been good for customer service

89 runner, 3.0l, tie rod hits. shackles are flexed to frame. he's callin tomm.