PDA

View Full Version : Progress.....

Squishy
04-02-2006, 04:15 PM
thats right, spent a few hours working on my pile... finally, and it should be running for next weekend(heck, it could be running in 5 min).... i dont know if it will actually be out on the trail, but im going to try my damndest!!!

today i cut a hole in my floor so i can get to the fuel pump(going to make it so its on a hinge)
well, after pulling the fuel pump, i noticed there is no sock on the bottom of the pump, and that is why the pump died on me, so i redid the sender, put in a new pump, and i just have to order a sock for the fuel pump so i dont suck up any crap and sieze a pump again.
i soldered the gas sender so i will actually have a working gas gauge too!!!

marked the roof on one side where it is going to come off and made sure i can run my roll cage the way i want, so if all goes well, i should also be picking up a JD2 bender this week with 2" and 1.5" shoes, then its just practice welding the joints until i am comfortable with them and i should be caged!!!

ive got a few other little things, like my anti wrap bar, that need to be built, but ill just cary a spare u joint and all should be fine until then...

i love having the tools to do my own work at home... no more being bored for me [41]

Hyenuf
04-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Stupid work....:D

Sounds great squish... BTW how's the head????

Squishy
04-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Stupid work....:D

Sounds great squish... BTW how's the head????

headache right now, i didnt know i could speak german[32]

Big_Ern
04-02-2006, 10:02 PM
SWEET[36]

good to hear you're getting to work on 'er squish

JD2 bender[cool]

Might want to think about getting a program to plan out your bends. I have heard that Bend Tech Pro is really good and easy to use. Tells you exactly where to put the tube in the die so the bend ends up in the right place

Good luck with it bud[36][36]

I need to get a welder and pipe bender (no $$ for tube) soon so i can get my cage strengthened and tied into a new flat deck :D

stuckle
04-02-2006, 10:03 PM
SWEET[36]

good to hear you're getting to work on 'er squish

JD2 bender[cool]

Might want to think about getting a program to plan out your bends. I have heard that Bend Tech Pro is really good and easy to use. Tells you exactly where to put the tube in the die so the bend ends up in the right place

Good luck with it bud[36][36]

I need to get a welder and pipe bender (no $$ for tube) soon so we can get my cage strengthened and tied into a new flat deck :D
[f]

78f150
04-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Good to hear squish.

HEAVY METAL
04-03-2006, 07:42 AM
cool squish.. i should come by and check her out yo...

u-can-2
04-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Right on Squish....

Is it done yet [f]

stuckle
04-03-2006, 02:51 PM
lets go wheelin squish

DeeDee
04-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Right on Squishy [5]

Come out and play!!!!:D

stuckle
04-03-2006, 02:57 PM
can i come play too[32]

Squishy
04-03-2006, 03:19 PM
not done yet, was just getting prices for the pipe(i read on pirate if i build my cage out of pipe it will probably shear off and stab me through the chest, is this bad?[f] ) for my cage, and planing my week accordingly, going to get a new joint[stoned] , i hope to get the locker put in, but may have to wait until it is driveable and do it at the old mans shop.

fawk i cant wait until i can get out again....

anyone know where to buy a sheet of lexan/plexiglas? got no roof?[36]

barracuda
04-03-2006, 03:30 PM
find an old canopy and sawsall the roof part to the size desired

In The Zone
04-03-2006, 03:55 PM
sounds sweet get her done and ya it is nice to have the equipment ya need eh....[cheers]

Squishy
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
find an old canopy and sawsall the roof part to the size desired

sorry, need the lexdan for the windshield(and for behind the cab, going to have a sealed cockpit again... well sorta), the whole thing is coming off and getting replaced. will form a piece of sheetmetal for the roof(removeable in about 5 seconds) and from behind the cab to the back, like a tonneau cover sort of deal. who knows how long that will take, but it should be good once its done...

u-can-2
04-03-2006, 11:17 PM
I know where you can get some lexan [32]

Squishy
04-08-2006, 01:50 AM
I know where you can get some lexan [32]

let me know about the lexan...... i probably wont remember to ask you about it

update: got driveshaft all back together, stoopid book at lordco gave me the wrong part number, so i am without u joint straps, going to go in early and see if they can get em in same day, if not im fucked for sunday....
built front bumper, just needs to be drilled and mounted, thanks again daryl for lending me the bender! didnt get a whole lot done today, but tomorrow i can throw in a good 10 hours if needed.....

u-can-2
04-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Get er done Squish...... Lookin forward to seeing your junk on the trail on Sunday (tomorrow) :cool:

stuckle
04-08-2006, 11:23 AM
better be done for tomorow squish

dont wana have to take my junk with u riding shotgun...rather be the other way around yo

Pegleg
04-08-2006, 01:15 PM
right on oshinderjeet

Broncoo
04-09-2006, 07:57 PM
i just did an anti wrap bar for my b2 tossin the insurance back on it on friday

jeeper
04-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Sounds great squishy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just gitrdun !

Lookin foirward to a great summer campin with ya !

Squishy
04-09-2006, 08:48 PM
WOO HOO!!! it worked, got some more bugs to sort out, but all in all a wicked day! and it looks as if the stuckle curse has been lifted! i didnt break anything(knock on wood)

cant wait to get some axles and have the locker in!

Nutbar
04-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Yep the old B II did purty good today Squish was so happy to see ya out with us again buddy gonna have to make it a regular thing now Eh.[cheers]

Squishy
04-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Yep the old B II did purty good today Squish was so happy to see ya out with us again buddy gonna have to make it a regular thing now Eh.[cheers]

thats the word on the street:D

brandonf250
04-13-2006, 11:07 PM
hey cris what is the bender worth?