PDA

View Full Version : power steering problems

broncorandy
03-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I changed my power steering pump and box last weekend and after I hooked it all back up I could bearly turn the wheel. I have bleed the air out for 3 hours and losened all the fittings to bleed the air out and still doesnt work. I am getting realy pissed of I missed out on the chute lake run and still cant fix this dam thing. When I start the engine it sucks the pump dry and when I shute it off the fluid pukes all out. Anyone have any ideas before i sell it or burn it.

Growly Gorilla
03-31-2006, 07:27 AM
are the lines somehow crossed?

In The Zone
03-31-2006, 07:45 AM
Not a clue

if it is puking out the res though u have pressure on the return side.. not good.

i would think maybe a hard piece of crap got in some how and is now blocking a internal orrifice or valve preventing it from priming the lines and box properly..

just my .o2

been along time scince i rebuilt either

ottoman
03-31-2006, 08:18 AM
sell it or burn it lol

broncorandy
03-31-2006, 12:22 PM
No the lines arnt crossed they are different sizes and only fit in one side I had thought there might be something in the pump or the box they were sitting for a while. I guess I will try another pump see what happens.

sparky
03-31-2006, 12:55 PM
yup i think the pump is nfg had that problems lots with those ones......[cheers]