PDA

View Full Version : ??body lift in a 89 4runner

Hello Kitty
03-29-2006, 04:52 PM
anyone done one before. buddy just bought one from lordco. it's a performance accessories one.

says he's gotta do something with the steering? I havent done one so don't know what he's talking about.

wouldn't it be move brakelines, shifters go up a bit and.........?

[1b] [1b]

G-rizzle Swank
03-29-2006, 05:39 PM
did one on my 83 yota and it was pretty simple cept for the gas filler neck that was retarded just cut the fucker off and put a new one on, for steering i didnt do anything the splines just move apart, oh yeah and lift one whole side then the other or youll twist the shit out of the body

StinkFinger
03-29-2006, 05:49 PM
the double d shaft has a plastic pin in it that you need to drill out to extend it then drill a new hole and put a cotter pin threw it or they will give you a litttle bolt in extension

Hello Kitty
03-29-2006, 07:42 PM
the double d shaft has a plastic pin in it that you need to drill out to extend it then drill a new hole and put a cotter pin threw it or they will give you a litttle bolt in extension

hmmmmmmmmm

will ask if he gots that. tanks owen

[cheers]

Big_Ern
03-29-2006, 08:31 PM
I put the exact same kit (3" perfomance accessories) into my old '89 4runner. Real easy to do, it included all the parts you need.

For the steering you drill out the existing press pin, slide the shaft apart a bit, and then drill a new hole and push the new press pin in. They even give you the 1/8" drill bit to do it.

Comes with braket to lower the rad, and also move the front bumper up. Rear bumper is attached to the body, so it will be fine still.

the current shift hole has 2 sections to it, and you need to cut out the small piece of sheetmetal in between them. The shifter might also need to be bent a little bit. I had to bend mine in the vise so it would go into all the gears. You can reuse the stock shifter boots if you flip the bottom one upside down.

It also included some mics hose that i think was for extending the gas tank filler, but mine was still nice and flexible and reached just fine.

I *think* i might have had to buy a small 'L' shaped heater hose to plumb the heater in. They give you a straight piece that would work, but its a pretty sharp bend & might kink so you're better off getting the L hose

Easy to do in an afternoon. just take your time and watch all the misc hoses, brakeline, clutch line, wires etc as you're lifting the body up (do one side at a time). There were a few things that needed their bracket either losened or bent a bit to work, but there was planty of slack in the lines so it never caused a problem.

Cheeky
03-31-2006, 04:46 AM
got a referance sittin in the driveway[1d]

Hello Kitty
03-31-2006, 11:17 AM
got a referance sittin in the driveway[1d]

why so mean too me [j]

ToyotaHEAD
04-01-2006, 11:53 PM
...for steering i didnt do anything the splines just move apart

Dude I would SERIOUSLY reconsider leaving your steering like that. Do as Stinkfinger and BigE have suggested. That is the correct and safe way. If you check your riding on very little spline now.

max_qube
04-12-2006, 11:36 AM
i hope he didn't pay too much, i work at the cloverdale location for lordco, so if anyone on here needs shit, just hit me up with an email with the subject being funinbc.com and i'll see what the best deal i can do for ya.

-Adam