PDA

View Full Version : longer shackles

Toy_Runner
03-20-2006, 12:42 AM
i am putting 4'' lift spring and 33's and i want longer shackles stock is 3.5 Center to Center, 6.5 C to C, to long ?

Big_Ern
03-20-2006, 03:09 AM
6.5" is a good length. I think mine are 6 or 6.5" and work well with rears leafs up front.

the extra shackle will give you a little over 5" total lift, so you should be able to run 35s if you wanted

BAM
03-20-2006, 08:52 AM
[stupid] 35's should fit under there nice

Toy_Runner
03-20-2006, 09:56 AM
[stupid] 35's should fit under there nice

ya i allready have the 33's but its allways nice to go bigger, without lifting higher [36][36]

G-rizzle Swank
03-20-2006, 05:36 PM
what springs?
i bought those cheapos from procomp and i have chevy's in the rear with longer shacklesin the front and its even , those shitter spring only give about 2.5-3" of lift, i got some wicked ones from truck works with greasable pins, i dont think you could use just flat bar to make the fronts unless you have access to a break to bend the plates, because the frame twists where the shackles attach to the frame

Smitty
03-20-2006, 07:24 PM
If you're looking for shackles check out daystar's products. I've got them on my yo and they work great. They come with poly bushing's and the greasable pins.

Big_Ern
03-21-2006, 12:57 AM
what springs?
i bought those cheapos from procomp and i have chevy's in the rear with longer shacklesin the front and its even , those shitter spring only give about 2.5-3" of lift, i got some wicked ones from truck works with greasable pins, i dont think you could use just flat bar to make the fronts unless you have access to a break to bend the plates, because the frame twists where the shackles attach to the frame

use flat bar and a a couple thick washers. Thats how mine came form marlin, seem to work well.

Trail gear sell some real nice ones now with greaseable bolts (uses the thick washer/space as well)

Toy_Runner
03-21-2006, 07:14 PM
what springs?

ya i dont know what springs i am going to get, springs i have now gave me about 3.5'' of lift in front, i should just put longer shackels, and rear is stock with gay add-a-leaf, it sit low in the rear, i want about 5'' of lift to clear 33's nicely, and i dont want a body lift

G-rizzle Swank
03-21-2006, 08:15 PM
i forget what company makes them but they make a spring pack thats the same as the rear (i.e moves the axle forward) and gives about 5" of lift. apparently they are supposed to be good

Big_Ern
03-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Sky makes the ones you are thinking of. Trail Gear's front springs are also simlar I think