PDA

View Full Version : front leaf springs

fhorsley
03-08-2006, 12:03 AM
just thinking of changing the front leaf springs in my 82 pickup. Would like to have a mild lift and articlation. I am looking for some ideas on what to use, possibly from other brands. I have also heard of putting toyota rears in the front. Please post any ideas or what you are using.

Thanks

Burge
03-08-2006, 05:18 PM
ive read about people using springs from a wagoneer up front

tnerb
03-08-2006, 10:23 PM
go with a toyota specific spring from marlin or trail-gear.com and bigcountrycustom.com is trail gear dealer

Stetson
03-09-2006, 01:28 PM
rears up front work well, and move your axle forward a few inches which helps bigger tires

Big_Ern
03-09-2006, 02:58 PM
[stupid]

rears up front work really well, and you already got them, so you may as well try. I made a 6 leaf pack (no overload) of mix'n'match rear leafs (some I had to cut down). Its a little flat so i might try adding one more leaf.

Waggy are quite stiff unless you have a v6 or v8, or remove a few leafs.

All of the toy specific leafs (marlin, trail-gear, sky, allpoo) work really well too, but will cost a lot more $$$$

fhorsley
03-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the ideas.
I'll have to think about the rears in the front idea, the rears flex more on my truck and I belive that they would provide an ample amount of lift. And since it is a cheap truck I try not to spend to much on new products for it.

jwstevens
03-13-2006, 09:59 AM
How much does the rears up front swap give? I don't really want any lift (don't want bigger tires) but I would like more flex.

Big_Ern
03-13-2006, 02:59 PM
depends on how many leafs you use. i've got 6 in my pack right now. I've got no idea how much lift, but it isn't much cause the springs were pretty sagged already. I'm going to add one more leaf though.. I don't really want more lift, but the ones I got ride really flat right now and I think I might get a bit more flex (more up travel) with another leaf

tnerb
03-25-2006, 11:16 AM
i thought thats what the whole point of getting the rears from me like 10months ago was. to make ur pack better

Big_Ern
03-25-2006, 11:21 AM
I think that pack that I got from you was for a friend of mine...? but I used the rest of his old pack as well as a couple others to make one good one. Still playing around with the right mix of leaves