PDA

View Full Version : twin stick

G-rizzle Swank
03-03-2006, 07:59 PM
i was wondering if anybody has used one of these or seen anyone use them? im going to be locked up all around in the near future and know that the lockers really like to push you especially with the front locked. would be cool to put it in 2wd and still have a lo crawl speed. the guys on pirate seem to like them

http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/transfercase/tcase_ac.htm
bottom of the page

Toyquad
03-03-2006, 08:56 PM
mmmmm i got dual t case.... love it. so many more gearing options. 2lo is nice.... 4lo lo locked all around is awesome. If your gonna get it... weld or lock both diffs...... I thought my truck sucked in double low with only the rear welded.... now with both welded.... its like 100 times better.

Big_Ern
03-04-2006, 05:42 AM
Owen (stinkfinger) made one himself.

if you open up the t-case you'll see it actually quite simple to do. just need a separate shifter for each shift rail inside.

From experience with the dual t-cases, i can say that it is definitly nice to have 2wd lo range. That is probably my most used gear.

unfortunately its not a true twin stick because you can't get FWD out of a stock toy t-case. Altho Marlin will be releasing their FAR (Front, All, Rear) t-case very soon which will give true twinstick and also come stock with 4.7 gears I beleive.

Front Wheel Digs[36][36][36][36]

ri0
03-04-2006, 08:05 PM
that tcase would be pritty neat, I am sure it would be rather pricey

Big_Ern
03-05-2006, 03:39 AM
I think its only gonna be about 8-900US. not too abd considering it has 4.7 already.

about the same as using OTT's adapter to put aa d300 on an twinsticking that

nykoma
03-05-2006, 07:06 AM
a buddy use to have that on his INTERNAIONAL it was the cat's ass for
driving[cheers]

Stetson
03-06-2006, 08:26 AM
easy to make yourself. I made my own and use it all the time, heavy traffic when you dont want to be on and off the clutch, off road when you have tight turns between trees-2wd low and light-em up to spin the back end around! works good...pull the shifter out, remove the t-case, remove the push pin that retains the shift fork on the shift rail(cant remember what thos pins are called), there are a 6mm??ish allan key bolt on each side of the t-case by the shifter ,remove the bolt-out will come a spring, then a ball bearing, slide the shift rail out, then pull out the intermediat pin! thats what its all for!!! put it back together, make yourselt a twin stick (i just used 2 shifters, machined each to half, pined them and dropped them back into the shift plate. good luck-have fun....ps plan the day for this,,,ive done a few, and some times the little pin that that you punch out of the shift rail gets lost in the t-case and is a */!%* to get out. turn the case upside down and shake it out.

Toy_Runner
03-06-2006, 12:14 PM
easy to make yourself. I made my own and use it all the time, heavy traffic when you dont want to be on and off the clutch, off road when you have tight turns between trees-2wd low and light-em up to spin the back end around! works good...pull the shifter out, remove the t-case, remove the push pin that retains the shift fork on the shift rail(cant remember what thos pins are called), there are a 6mm??ish allan key bolt on each side of the t-case by the shifter ,remove the bolt-out will come a spring, then a ball bearing, slide the shift rail out, then pull out the intermediat pin! thats what its all for!!! put it back together, make yourselt a twin stick (i just used 2 shifters, machined each to half, pined them and dropped them back into the shift plate. good luck-have fun....ps plan the day for this,,,ive done a few, and some times the little pin that that you punch out of the shift rail gets lost in the t-case and is a */!%* to get out. turn the case upside down and shake it out.

do you have any pictures of it??[36]

StinkFinger
03-06-2006, 07:00 PM
it was easy to do i used a coupl pices of plate to mak my shifters all you need to do is remove the interlock pin a service manual will teel you how to dissasemble and reassemble

Stetson
03-07-2006, 08:18 PM
sorry, no pics...no digi camra. if you like, come by my shop on weekends id be happy to show you, i have a couple of t-cases on the bench (custom runner-port moody)