PDA

View Full Version : Just curious about some stuff. 75 jimmy!

dilbert_1239
02-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Ok where to start. i am brand new to this site and am curious on a few things. To start i own a 1975 lifted, GMC jimmy, with 33's. i am from chilliwack. I am just curious if anyoe can give me some trails and areas that will really test my vehicles mud-bogging ability. i have already been down to the dyke out in yarrow/greendale. not much contest there, although i did get stuck there really bad before. just a stupid choice by mean. lol. i tried to drive through a marsh and completely suk my truck. and another things is about brush bars. I got a WARN brush bar from lordco this christmas, and after half of it was installed, we realized it was way to small for my truck!!!!!!. so i then took it back to lordco and they ordered me a another one and told me it was exactly the same as the other one, just bigger. so i got this one about a month later and it was completely different!!!!!1 it was made by westin, but it only mounted to my bumper, and it wasn't secured on it veryu well. my previous one, from WARN mounted directly to my frame, however the second one just mounted to my bumper. i belive the one from westin was just for show because i dont think it would stand up to any abuse, beside i have future plans to put a winch on as well. so if anyone could tell me a good place to go to get a brush bar it would be really helpful. i am thinking about CAP-IT in chilliwack, but i dont know hat kinds they ghave there. i want one that obviously mounts securely to the frame and not to just the bumper. that was another question. how reliable/usefull are winches. and for a 1975 jimmy (they wont be the lightest thing out there) what size of winch would you reccomend. i was thinking about a 12,000 pounder from warn. any thoughts?
any help is better that nothing at all.

HEAVY METAL
02-27-2006, 02:37 AM
12, 000 lb warn would do ya just fine....definatly want to mount to frame...have somebody make ya one....welcome to the site yo...

Big_Ern
02-27-2006, 04:31 PM
[stupid]

you're best off to get a custom bumper built. Its probably easiest to have it done when you get the winch so the bumper can be built around it.

ottoman
02-27-2006, 10:46 PM
[iagree]

fourplay
02-28-2006, 04:13 PM
welcome, and in the chilliwack area, you might wanna go out to the peg leg (end of mcsween rd) or out to jessperson, full size friendly. Even down by the vedder between the 1hwy and keith wilson rd. Alotta trails around too, if you not concerned with paint, and possible body damage..

[cheers] and see ya out there.

tenpack
02-28-2006, 04:52 PM
for bumpers, you can get one custom or by.

i'd suggest:

ebay,

off-road design(aka ORD)

big country customs
http://www.bigcountrycustoms.com/bumpers/chevy.shtml

and you're local buy and sull.

dilbert_1239
02-28-2006, 08:52 PM
yea, i have been down between keith wilson and hwy#1 at the dyke. i noticed alot of ppl go out there on sundays to just put around.i got stuck down in there, lol