PDA

View Full Version : Chipmonk/dodge mishap

Zpanther
02-26-2006, 08:26 PM
These are some pics from out trip to chipmonk today. The red 4runner (Rob), was heavy on the gas and managed to somehow get himself stuck about every 100 ft or so (no bs). Needless to say after spending 1 1/2 hours trying to get him out of one of the 5 holes he dug himself into, it kind of killed the fun behind the adventure.4914
Anyways, on the way back down we came across a brand new freakin Dodge ready to drop over the edge down a rather deep ravine.4916 The pictures don't do any justice as to how steep it was nor how close that thing was to being just another dead dodge on the side of the road. 4915The ONLY thing holding it there litterally was the diffs. The driver side wheels had no weight on them and the passenger side? Well I wasn't about to climb on the other side to see how those wheels were. 4917Basically, it looked like if you sneezed on 'er she'd be going down. 4918Hopefully these pictures give some light to the story!! SLOQUET for Squishy's B-Day weekend March 25ish!!!!!

youngun
02-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Wouldn't want to be the owner of that dodge

HEAVY METAL
02-26-2006, 08:35 PM
was it this guy? if so he's a fukin idiot...

Zpanther
02-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Must be a dodge owner thing to drive rediculously close to break-away edges!!!

mattz
02-26-2006, 09:12 PM
hey c'mon not all dodge owners are retards!

youngun
02-26-2006, 09:12 PM
different guy i think, or just different wheels and tires

sparky
02-26-2006, 09:16 PM
yeh they are two different trucks...think it was stolen??[cheers]

lizard
02-26-2006, 09:19 PM
heres a good question...

so whats the best/safest way to tug that thing back onto the road???
what angle an what tow/hook point?

talking about the one at chickmunk

HEAVY METAL
02-26-2006, 09:20 PM
good call liz... the guy i took a pic of imleft.. he was a fukin idiot... ask Bigb and nvr2hi....

In The Zone
02-26-2006, 09:27 PM
2500 and 1500 diff erent trim levels on both not to mention the bling factor

either way ya deaner the one use went to help ya should just nudged it a bit..

as for the other ihave been up chipmonk and ya it is some steep stuff round there... dude is lucky

nykoma
02-26-2006, 09:31 PM
[cheers] best way to help that dodge owner show a good looking ford he'll come around [15] [15] [15]

G-rizzle Swank
02-26-2006, 10:06 PM
i would say get in and punch the gas and crank er right, prob the best way

Nutbar
02-26-2006, 10:33 PM
heres a good question...

so whats the best/safest way to tug that thing back onto the road???
what angle an what tow/hook point?

talking about the one at chickmunk

If it was me pulling I would pull from the frt hooking the strap to the passenger side of that Dodge to the drivers side of my truck and try to pull forward from the far side of the road. This way you already have the heavy part of the truck being the first part to pull away from the bank and the strap on an angle like that will try to pull the truck towards the road.

Big_Ern
02-26-2006, 10:39 PM
[stupid]

but I doubt my little toy would pull that beast back on the road, so I wouldn't try unless i had another vehicle helping. Otherwise a big chance he could pull me over too if he starts to go.

basher
02-26-2006, 11:13 PM
i bet he had his ass cheeks puckered and maybe stained his underwear. nice pics

gnu_42
02-26-2006, 11:17 PM
wouldnt you want to attach a strap+come-a-long from the from the rear drivers side to a tree across the road so the rear end wouldnt swing down at all when you pull it from the front also?

Nutbar
02-26-2006, 11:26 PM
Valid point but the ass end off the truck is quite light compareatavely speaking to the frt and will drag around easily so if you are pulling forward and away from the bank you will get the frt on the rd and the rear usually wants to follow the thing you want to consider in a position like this is once you get moving you dont want to stop untill you are on the rd and the strap and come along will tighten up and hinder that forward progess making you need to stop to loosen the strap and try again if you don't get it right away

Hello Kitty
02-27-2006, 12:33 AM
tow strap from drivers side rear secured, pull from front dr. side also, winch on angle, while driver inside still eatin ice cream sandwich.

or pulll from rear with reverse scenario.

[31]

gnu_42
02-27-2006, 12:35 AM
yea i guess you wouldnt want to stop once you got going

78bronco
02-27-2006, 01:30 AM
it a differnt truck ones a 3/4-1ton and the others a 1/2 ton

redman
02-27-2006, 07:53 AM
I'd kick it over the edge way easier tha mtrying to tow it up :)

Zpanther
02-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Quite frankly I wounldn't dare hooking up to that thing. If it slipped over a little, I wouldn't want to be tied to it. It wasn't stolen, ignition was fine and everything. Also if it had been with the way it was sitting, I can guarantee that the guy who stole it could and would push it over by himself.

stuckle
02-27-2006, 06:06 PM
reminds me of my truck at 42 with owen and aaron...

owen tried to pull me forward and i came ever so close to going over...

ended up turing left and hammerind down in 2wd so my bakc end went down the hill...then backing down as far as i could and getting a run at it (morelike 40 kph) and jumping out...

heres a pic

Rebulon Refurbulater
02-27-2006, 07:32 PM
just wrap your winch cable back onto itself ove r that black protrusion at the front edge of the drivers door window...........take arun at it about 40 to 50 kph....a give your best war scream while chuggin a beer..............and keep goin...........

open anothe r beer.

Murd0c
02-27-2006, 07:36 PM
some good pics, hey dean u got any better pics of that fags dodge? was trying to compare plates but can't see

lizard
02-27-2006, 07:55 PM
If it was me pulling I would pull from the frt hooking the strap to the passenger side of that Dodge to the drivers side of my truck and try to pull forward from the far side of the road. This way you already have the heavy part of the truck being the first part to pull away from the bank and the strap on an angle like that will try to pull the truck towards the road.

well there was a truck like that when we were hunting an stopped to help, one guy(old indian guy) said to NOT hook to pass side as that would tip it . ...the pull would actually pull down as u pulled forward.

I hooked to drivers side, we pulled forward but didnt get it onto the road, then i think the strap broke. I think if we pulled backwards it may have come out the way it had gone in.

bruce???? whats the old guys say???

tenpack
02-27-2006, 08:35 PM
them 2500 CTD's are heavy(6500+), i guess some people have trouble driving their new trucks, dont know their widths... seems to be limited to silver 4wd dodge pickups?

longhorn
02-27-2006, 08:43 PM
I wouldnt want to be hooked on to that thing if it started going over.
Unless I was driving a Dodge also and I could jump out and let them both go!

kootenaycat
02-27-2006, 09:15 PM
This is my buddies truck about 8 years ago. He claims he was "run off the road" by some punks, but I think he was reaching for another beer! Only thing that kept it from going over was a big stump that the passengers rocker was leaning on! Picture doesn't do it justice, it was a drop off at about 45 degrees for about 50-60' then onto an old road.

A 3 ton wrecker pulled him out, 2 winches, one on the drivers front, one on the drivers rear. Sucked him out like nothing. Buddy just about shit himself though, 'cause the tow truck driver made him sit in the truck and steer!

In The Zone
02-27-2006, 09:41 PM
thats fucking crazy shit there

Rebulon Refurbulater
02-28-2006, 06:20 AM
Tie off to an immoveable object.......or dip into the ditch on the other side of the road.........should be man......er.....i.....mean..........full size :)
winch with large clevis drivers side front. this helps to pull the tipping side down....kinda like standing or weighting the light side of the vehicle.......if one end slides down as its comming out you dont want it to be the heavy end.....if you can tie the other end with a strap high side as well.....about 90 degrees to the vehicle all the better this should allow for forward movement..........if your in a tow truck....you should already be trained in rigging...but the stinger makes a good anchor and you should have lots of professional rigging on board to help.............................................. ......
this could easily turn into disaster....sooooooo if yer unsure...................
dont do it.....wait foer help and offer the occupants a warm cab to sit in for a bit......unless they stole it in which case you hope they dont have a gun!
:) my .02
Pete

Oh yeah.....i operated a tow truck about 15 yrs ago for a couple o yrs.....roll overs are a whole different ball game cause the insurance companies do not want any "extra" damage!
I also participated in a couple o tractor trailer recoveries..............Thats too much work all the rigging is very very heavy.

Taxidermy
03-01-2006, 09:31 PM
nice [M] nissan [cheers]

sbags
03-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah Dean! The first thing I thought of when I saw the picture of the Dodge was of the fokers in the gravel pit that day awhile back! Sadly, the idiot's in the pit got out without any problems; I was hoping it would have rolled; f-ing poochers!!

MudRam
03-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Must be a dodge owner thing to drive rediculously close to break-away edges!!!

Hey,Hey,Hey easy on the dodge owner bashin!!![33] its the retards that dont know how to drive...not the vehicles make!!

MudRam
03-01-2006, 11:06 PM
[cheers] best way to help that dodge owner show a good looking ford he'll come around [15] [15] [15]

I eat Fords for breakfast[22] [f]

HEAVY METAL
03-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I eat Fords for breakfast[22] [f]

are you sure Shane? i'd love to see you race your buddy oin the red ford........[f]

Zpanther
03-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Generally most of the "new" dodge owners are just fuelling their ego's with a big truck and have no idea what they've really bought. I'm not going to push chev ford or any other make but I know that you'd definately want to stay away from the GAS dodge's if you want a real truck. Hemi's might be nice but I honestly don't know why you wouldn't get a deisel if you're buying a full size. Not meaning to offend anyone by this.

HEAVY METAL
03-01-2006, 11:10 PM
this one...