PDA

View Full Version : Which Alarm system do you suggest?

Huzzey
02-26-2006, 10:20 AM
So spring is coming up. Then summer. I'll have the jeep out more and want to throw on a decent alarm. Which one is suggested. It will obviously need the radar motion sensor as well. What has everyone else got, and what should i get?

02-26-2006, 11:58 AM
dont bother,If your jeep is any good they wil get it anyways.

02-26-2006, 11:59 AM
just park it in your bedroom

In The Zone
02-26-2006, 12:07 PM
.357 mag works great as does a Bat and club

or do what i do i dont even lock the shit

some one wants to steal it

good luck to em wire it with c4 and a remote.....

jeep-neil
02-26-2006, 01:10 PM
just leave it unlocked let em get in, it will cost you more if u locked it

Big_Ern
02-26-2006, 01:25 PM
anything Made by DEI is good. Viper, predator, etc. There's a lot, Checkout DEI's website for all the different brands

Toyrantula
02-26-2006, 01:37 PM
I prefer UNGO made by Clarion as it has alot of features.

DEI is also a good setup. I am not familiar with there products though.

Tuner Inside
02-26-2006, 01:49 PM
I have compustar in two of my rigs, that includes a remote start/alarm on my service truck. We spent some extra time planning and now have 4 sirens, 2 pain generators, one alpine selfpowered siren, and just working on my air horn (y not got the air compressor in the truck!) Only two sirens out side of the cab and box. Two sirens inside the cab and one in the bac and the aire horn is going on theoutside. You cant even get in the truck with the sirens going off even with ear plugs. I tried! So the only worry was towing it away so the air horn should run for about 5 - 10 minutes. HAvent had a false alarm yet but I have set it off just to see if I can here it form thebasement in the house.

What kind of features are you looking for? I would do some digging and find a bunch of sirens and find somewhere to put them and wire a relay in to the alarm out put to the sirens. Sheer Db's usually scares the little fuckers away!
Works for me!

Always broke
02-26-2006, 04:08 PM
The bad thing about alarms is everybody hears one go off they just get annoyed and want it turned off . Do what i did seems to work very well it'd a grant security system all it does is take the steering wheel off with a key they can start your truck but they can't go anywhere[36] [36]

joshjohnbaun
02-26-2006, 04:15 PM
yea but then you gotta walk around with a steering wheel if you go somewhere out :)

Always broke
02-26-2006, 04:19 PM
just lock it in the trunk or chain it somewhere it comes with a cap you can't even get the steering wheel back on without a key:D

02-26-2006, 09:14 PM
too bad you dont have air brakes.A friend of mine (in his rig) has his using a train horn for a siren,Of course everybody hears the horn but it also drains the air tanks so the truck won't move till it get the air gets built up again.Too bad we can't do something like that.

HEAVY METAL
02-26-2006, 09:41 PM
if they want it.. they will take it...