PDA

View Full Version : toyota tercel

metalonmetal
02-24-2006, 07:36 PM
aaah move this if you need to, it's not 4x4 tech by any means, i'm lookin to replace the head gasket on a 1.5L 3e-e engine in my old 93 tercel. anybody tackled the same engine before? is there anything i need to look out for that the manuals don't mention? any help is much appreciated.

lizard
02-24-2006, 08:38 PM
never had to work on my tercel . changed the timin belt , thats it.

Mack
02-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Hey Drew [cheers] :) hopefully there's somebody in here with a little know-how on that end... (guys I suggested he post about this in here cuz you're all smart about this stuff [d] this is the dude that drives the wicked Cruiser and has an elf for a girlfriend. Not sure if you remember the 'new members' post from the other forum but he's a friend of mine but DOESN'T POST ENOUGH [f] :D

Good luck with the headgasket buddy. When are you doing it?

metalonmetal
02-25-2006, 01:20 PM
aaah i'll post more often, don't you worry. gonna start tearing it apart on the 11th of march. ya it's got 280,000 kms on it, i think we're gonna do the timing belt while we're in there. other than the head gasket i've never had a problem with the tercel, other than replacing the wearables like the clutch, brakes, etc.

Mack
02-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Gives you some time to figure it out which is awesome. Got the Hanes manual yet?

metalonmetal
02-25-2006, 01:51 PM
ya just picked it up, lots of things about these engines seem simple.