PDA

View Full Version : SO I got A lift question...

Torch2815
02-05-2006, 02:33 PM
So I'll be adding a shackle lift to the diesel, (front and rear) so with my already 4" springs i'll be around 7" what size or type of spacer for the steering do I need, yes i'm a noob so be nice... can I get them a mopac? I know that there's multiple options so whats the pro's and cons of each?

Thanks Folks...[34]

Torch2815
02-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Bump...

Torch2815
02-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Still nothin huh?

Squishy
02-05-2006, 08:30 PM
please explain a little more what exactly you plan on doing, how long of shackles do you plan to run? 3" lift from a shackle is going to be one hell of a shackle

Torch2815
02-05-2006, 08:33 PM
It's not replacing the shackles.... it's a matter of moving the shackle mounts downwards on the frame, but in my case since I work in a fab/machine shop we're making all new mounts for all the shackles so they will all move down on the frame approx 4"....hope that helps

MUDqueen
02-07-2006, 08:34 PM
you are gonna probably need a drop pitman arm, and a four inch steering block. they say that they are four inch but thay are actually three. if you have troubles turning you'll have to get an adjustible draglink. [blah] dodgeboy builds shakle flips so you can probably pick his brains for more info. i just know from watching them put a lift into my truck, and the troubles we have had, and how we have fixed them. putting the lift into your truck won't be that much different from mine, except it will be just a bit more heavy duty. :cool: mopac should have them. we got our, drag link through lordco. it was a skyjacker, i would imagine they would make a steering block too.

oh yeah don't forget to get the grade 8 hardware. bolts, washers, and nuts. very important......

MudRam
02-07-2006, 11:18 PM
So I'll be adding a shackle lift to the diesel, (front and rear) so with my already 4" springs i'll be around 7" what size or type of spacer for the steering do I need, yes i'm a noob so be nice... can I get them a mopac? I know that there's multiple options so whats the pro's and cons of each?

Thanks Folks...[34]

Don't forget that when you move the shackles down youll need to put angle shims under the springs to bring the diffs back to the right angle for drivline and steering(caster)

Torch2815
02-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Thanks guys,I wasn waiting for you 2 to log on to read this...I'm gonna go get the prices on the block and pitman arm + the draglink and the shims.I may wait a while before I put in the lift cause I should get my 35's this month,and there's some other stuff i want to get done right away.I am goin to stave this saturday the 11th of Feb if anyone is in the neighbourhood...

ottoman
02-25-2006, 12:17 AM
you aklready have the block

Torch2815
02-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Yup, I found that out when I had the problem with the steering...now i got too much block and not enough lift... It'll be fixed soon though!

ottoman
02-27-2006, 12:16 AM
i think that's what i posted on your last problem