PDA

View Full Version : hey

rs9000
02-05-2006, 01:04 PM
hey still kinda new to the site die to get my truck out the porblm is i dont know many places to go othere the stave selvester road and eagle ridge any one know of any othere good place's were a newbie could get a better handle on wheelin???
:confused:

lizard
02-05-2006, 01:23 PM
lots of places in harrison but go with another truck....it really suks walking out of the bush

Milkman
02-05-2006, 04:15 PM
There are a ton of places to go. 1st thing you need to do is pick up a offroad map book at Save On or any other store that sells it.

Torch2815
02-05-2006, 07:27 PM
I got the map book...but how do you know where to go...and my friends suck and don't 4x4 so I'm stuck drivin through the gravel lot next to Tim hortons...

tenpack
02-05-2006, 07:59 PM
triangle is always good to be at. Usually some people around to pull out if needed, has mud bogs, watery holes, minor trails, hill clrimbs with water holes at the botton, narrow offcamber trails that are long, and require some arituclation, and a good mud flat.

oldschool
02-05-2006, 08:03 PM
theres a few places in chilliwack that are great for starting out 4x4er... thats where I started out...
just head towards cultas lake but go past the exit to cultas..a few minutes later you will cross a bridge, take the immediate right turn... follow that road until you cross another bridge,,, under that bridge is a kayak slalom course...directly after crossing that bridge go right again...then 200 feet away make a left and start climbing the logging roads...theres lots of turn offs and what not if you want something more difficult... I used to do it as the only truck there...but I had a high lift jack and I watched what i did...when I got stuck I lifted up the stuck tire and drove off the jack...obviously you need a strong truck you dont mind scratching up HAHA

EDIT: take the highway turn off towards cultas...the cultas exit I am referring to, that you dont take is after youve gone thru Yarrow... :)
its called church mountain on here http://www.chwk4x4.com/trails&maps.html

REDNECK-WELDING
02-06-2006, 08:42 AM
[blah] [blah] [blah]