PDA

View Full Version : tj windshield frame?

The Dark Penguin
01-31-2006, 03:58 PM
hey...

any one know weather a tj frame will fit on a yj tub? We've rebuilt a cj using a yj tub and I wanna use my tj hard top on it, but I havent tried to put a frame on it, and I dont wanna go buy one for nothin....

guys at gemini dont know shit.... they told us we couldnt put a yj frame on a 76 cj5 tub but proof that you can is sitting in my garage.... :D

Nutbar
01-31-2006, 07:18 PM
No the TJ windshield frame will not fit the YJs or the CJs the cowl where the hinges go are completely different and the TJ frame is a lot thicker front to back at the bottom
the CJ and YJ will bolt on the same but need a defrost mod to make YJ work on CJ properly

B
01-31-2006, 07:39 PM
No the TJ windshield frame will not fit the YJs or the CJs the cowl where the hinges go are completely different and the TJ frame is a lot thicker front to back at the bottom
the CJ and YJ will bolt on the same but need a defrost mod to make YJ work on CJ properly

[iagree] [iagree] dont think the tj hard top will line up either so sell it and go with a yj one [cheers]

The Dark Penguin
02-02-2006, 04:02 PM
thanks guys...

Im gonna put my top on the cj to see if everything lines up next time I take my top off.

if it does my buddy is gonna lend me his spare windshield frame and we are gonna try and see just how much of a pain in the ass it will be....

B
02-02-2006, 04:16 PM
lol giver ...but i told u so[5][5][5][5][5]

Princess
02-02-2006, 04:24 PM
guys at gemini dont know shit....

oh so much truth in that.... and the dickhead is rude as shit too

The Dark Penguin
02-02-2006, 04:43 PM
oh so much truth in that.... and the dickhead is rude as shit too

which one brock?
ya he dont like my family too much right now...
we always order shit thru there then go and get it cheaper somewhere else.
:D