PDA

View Full Version : Help with my YJ

Tinker
01-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Looking for the combination of best and cheapest way to lift my 92 YJ. not looking for anymore room than 32's. any help for tech thoughts or used parts would be greatly appreciated. Combination body and suspension????[51] [51] [51] [41] [5]

Mr Vic
02-01-2006, 04:48 PM
cheap and easy way would be 2" body lift and 1" lift shackles, don't think you will need to do anything else, maybe longer shocks

beeker
02-01-2006, 05:28 PM
spoa cheap Like 50ish bucks just need a drop pitman arm for the steering

Explorer guy418
02-01-2006, 05:31 PM
i dunt think a SPOA is 50$ ish a bit more, but body lift and shackle lift,

SPOA is deffenetly a good way to lift but not allways that cheap.

shocks, lines, pitman arm... etc..

Rebulon Refurbulater
02-01-2006, 08:03 PM
yeah 50 covers spring perches............unless you fab your own....have access to cutting and welding equipment...........and have longer shocks on hand......and some type of ott steering setup to properly regain geometry for the street......oh and dont forget longer flex lines front and back unless you fab a bracket...."stretch" the hard lines and remount the anchor for the lex lower on the frame...............
my guess is the body and shackle lift ....even though i personally am not fond of extended shackles...............will be your cheapest and easiest route short of fender hacking....trimming i mean......to fit your very reasonable 32's

Rebulon Refurbulater
02-01-2006, 08:09 PM
oh yeah......s.y.e. kit and double cardan rear shaft would probly be a must for spoa...maybe a look at front shaft too......probly a t-case lowering kit to relieve start vibrations too.......in any event you should probly look at a body lift kit cause it will include things like shroud/rad lowering........fuel fill extension (tho probly not required for only an inch or so)..and new appropriate body mount bolts...........not just some unfit and unsafe threaded rod/ready rod.
Good luck
Pete

epic3
02-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Arent lift springs cheap for yj's

Milkman
02-02-2006, 02:59 AM
oh yeah......s.y.e. kit and double cardan rear shaft would probly be a must for spoa...maybe a look at front shaft too......probly a t-case lowering kit to relieve start vibrations too.......in any event you should probly look at a body lift kit cause it will include things like shroud/rad lowering........fuel fill extension (tho probly not required for only an inch or so)..and new appropriate body mount bolts...........not just some unfit and unsafe threaded rod/ready rod.
Good luck
Pete

Yes get a b/L

Rebulon Refurbulater
02-02-2006, 07:23 AM
Arent lift springs cheap for yj's

Yeah yj's may be the cheapest and you can get a couple o bucks sellin your old ones....apparently they are desireable to some folks in some applications!
PM cjmike for pricing!

brandonf250
02-02-2006, 11:06 PM
for 32's do a small body lift,shakels and throw on some tj flares,easily clear 32's and get the look of the tj flares

Nutbar
02-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Please you guys driving stockish YJs do not do a S.P.O.A on the stock springs I have been dealing with the jeeps for many years now and the stock springs in the YJs are not built to work in that app they are to weak and soft.The springs sag out very quickly and most people complain about way to much axle wrap.I have yet to drive a S.P.O.A. Jeep that drives as well as mine on the street and I will put my spring under CJ up against any spring over Jeep on the trail.To do it properly will cost you as much or more than a good susp. kit.

To fit the 32s on your YJ the 2 in body will be enough with minimal rubbing with the stock flares and none if you put on the TJs, also agree with rebulon if you do this buy the kit gives you everything you need and is much safer than trying to BS it yourself.For the money save yourself the headache.

Tinker
02-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Gentlemen thanks for all the help i think I'll go with the 1" shacles and 2" body[31] [22] [cheers]

coyote
02-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Listen to nutbar, as we speak he is installing a ladder bar on my SOA YJ. I have broken 3 pinion yokes in the last year due to axle wrap. In that vein I have a set of 4 daystar greaseable shackles that give you about 1 1/4 inch lift. Asking $100 for all four.
If I was to lift a stock YJ, I would probably not go SOA ecspecially if I wanted to increase the torque or horespower in the engine as well

Jeep eh
02-05-2006, 08:22 PM
ive got tj flares on my yj and i just trimmed the fenders a little wider to match the shape of them and ive got 31s on my jeep with no lift and they almost never rub so even just a 3 inch body with tj flares would easily fit 32s

YJ
02-08-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm running 31 on my stock rims on my YJ with 2" body lift, and 1" shackle lift. The only problem I am runing into right now is the front tiers rubbing my springs and binding when I turn hard.

Rebulon Refurbulater
02-08-2006, 06:37 PM
adjust the steering stops