PDA

View Full Version : selling price

kamloopsyota
01-28-2006, 05:48 PM
ok well i know i would never get back what i put into the truck but i wanna get a fair price. its an 89 toy ext cab 4cyl. the box is still intact but it has two dents under the tailgate one big one on the rear passenger side and one small one on the front driver side and a hole hacked out by the muffler. rust on the driver side front fender and the rear passenger side taillight assembly got smashed in the red. has a 4" bds suspension lift 9 months old and 3" body lift. 4.88 gears and a loc rite in the rear. few months ago we replaced the gas tank and injectors. seats have rips in them but i have some new buckets out of a car that could be put in, and a double tube rear bumper for the rear i was too lazy to mount. 33" 12.5 procomp muds hardly worn out. sorry for no pictures i just got a new puter so i'll try and get some new pictures in abit. thanks a lot[cheers]

G-rizzle Swank
01-28-2006, 06:22 PM
6-7? and maybe a bj?

make sure you clean it all up and maybe giver a wax before ya sell it

Big_Ern
01-28-2006, 06:50 PM
from his description 6 sounds about the absolute max if you're not in a rush to sell it.

I got $5500 for my 89 4runner which is a more desirable truck (last year of that body style vs first year for yours) and when i cleaned it up it still looked good. No dents or rust. V6, 5spd, SR5, very clean interior, power windows & mirrors.

The mods you've done don't really add anything to the price. Nice to have for sure, but don't expect much $$ for them. You'd be better off taking out the locker and gears if you're getting another toy.

Start at 6g maybe, but be prepared to take 4500

and like grizzle said, give it a good wash, wax & carpet vac inside will help a ton.

Also replace the taillight glass, They're only $20-30 from lordco and will help the look of your truck a lot. Replce both if the good one is faded and pinkish.

traileater
01-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey when ya figure out your price let me know. Im in town, Im also on Jareds site.

trevyota
01-29-2006, 12:09 AM
dude i sold mine with dent's...... still dirty.. no locker

for 8500.

just remeber that there's a sucker born everyday.
[cheers][cheers][cheers][cheers][cheers][cheers]

Big_Ern
01-29-2006, 12:16 AM
your's was pretty clean tho trev. no rust, nice bumper & winch too.

But you're right, all it takes is one sucker to buy it

ToyotaHEAD
01-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Gawd Nick the saga continues! WTF!

You just got a job, and the potential to finish your truck is withen sight. Grow some cahoonah's and finish her up. You will be money ahead, and feel good about finishing the project. Not to mention then you would have absolutely no excusses left for not common out on a few runs!

And yes there is bodywork needed. But SO WHAT?!?! None of which that I have seen is terminal rust. Furthermore its easy to cut out and put in new tin. I bet you could have the cab cleaned up (no rust) in less than a day. The box a few days. You saw my 4Runner when I got it, and it was a total pilo-shit. I'm the first to admit it. I just think it would be a shame to abondand everything when the finish line is so close.

kamloopsyota
01-29-2006, 01:35 PM
i dunno there jared, im really thinkin of sellin it. unless the guy i was talkin to about a dirtbike get back to me then i habve to keep the truck. i giot no problem with the body work i was just gunna change it up abit with the vehicles haha.

Toyquad
01-29-2006, 07:13 PM
i'd keep it unless u have to sell it............. but 6 sounds goood.....