PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warrenties

Dieseljeep
01-26-2006, 07:49 PM
It is time to replace the mummy van ,We are thinking of something of a used lot from a stealership.The want to seel us the extended warrentee ,power train etc etc.

What all do they cover? are they worth the extra cash ?
Are they a scam? or reputable ???

Insight please.

Suz
01-26-2006, 07:57 PM
What company are you buying the vehicle from? I work for a large auto group and may be able to help you out. Is it a manufacturers' warranty? Is it aftermarket? Secure Drive, DFS, Old Republic?? There are all sorts or entended warranties out there. Some are worth their wait in gold some not so much. If you want you can PM me and I will give you some more info.

01-26-2006, 09:08 PM
WASA warranty?
I don't like warranties

Nutbar
01-26-2006, 09:32 PM
hhhhaaaaa hhhaaaa
warranty never had anything with one
warranty I gets is , ran when it left here didn't it

Milkman
01-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Personaly I would not. Just because when it comes down to it they like to screw you around.

Always broke
01-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Old republic are a bitch to deal with but they will eventually get the stuff done just don't bring it to a dealership.[36]

BAM
01-26-2006, 09:46 PM
in my dads case the extended warentee saved him BIG $$, stupid shit like a windshield wiper sensor, engine problems, etc, its saved him thousands so far.. but i guess it depends what vehicle your lookin at

kootenaycat
01-26-2006, 10:38 PM
Some aftermarket warranties are good, some are a waste of money. I wouldn't buy it on the spot until you get an outside source to go through it and see if it's worth buying. Some say powertrain only, some are bumper to bumper, but when it comes down to a crunch I've seen people get screwed on both. Some warranties exclude certain parts, and if you don't keep all service records, they'll reject claims.

Read ALL the fine print!

Murd0c
01-26-2006, 10:50 PM
my old man got a 1ton sierra pannel van, got the extended warrent and everything, well the water pump went about 2 years after he got it, took it in for the warrenty work, but they wuldn;t cover it becasue the van wsa used for work. WTF who uses a one ton van with no windows for anything but work????? so they gave him his $2g(about that) he paid back and made him pay for the work, damm he was pissed complained and all but they didn;t give a fuck!!!

epic3
01-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Aftermarket warranties for used cars beyond there manufactures warranty are a rip off scam they usually have some stupid deductable tp pay every time you use it or they only cover a minimal amount of the car with many other strings attached