PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions

kamloopsyota
01-13-2006, 09:08 PM
alrighty well i was lookin at a stock 91 samurai with fuel injected 1.3??? im pretty sure it was 1.3. what i was wondering is, would that probably have 5.13 gears? and how well would they work with say a 31-33 bogger or swamper. buddy has a tracker and he runs 32's and uses it as a dd no problem and still has enough power. the other question, has anyone dealt with rocky road outfitters. the front and rear coil system looked pretty cool or the JP eater kit. anyone ever used their stuff or know if its worth it or not??? alrighty thanks a lot

u-can-2
01-14-2006, 09:31 AM
That Zuk (as long as it's still completely stock) will have 3.73 gears in it and yes it is a 1.3L engine.....

For 31's you'll wanna go to 4.62 (from Auto Sidekicks/Tracker) and for 33's you'll want 5.13 (5 speed Kicks/Trackers). In my opinion, the best way to go for either tire size would be to put a 4 to 1 kit in the t-case. That way you get reduction in high range (I think 18% - perfect for 31's) and low. Then if you want 33's or taller you can add diff gears [cheers] Don't listen to all the dudes that'll tell you not to run 33's or bigger. You just have to learn how to drive what you have and you'll be fine....

Rocky Road is OK. I bought some junk from them and it got here quick, but they charged me a fortune in shipping ($150.00 USD for a bellhousing bracket and 2 motor mounts [aahh])

Try SpiderTrax. http://www.spidertrax.com I've had better luck with them..... You just have to remember when you're talking to them that they're dumb Americans that have no clue where or what Canada is [wako]

jeepingpw
01-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Not to be a post whore, but
if you want to ship anything up from the US, make sure they send it U.S.Mail. Do not let them ship it UPS as UPS will charge a crazy amount for shipping & brokerage fees.
Before I knew this i had ordered a $15.00 part & UPS charged a $35.00 brokerage fee!
With US mail, no brokerage fees, just had to deal with Canada Customs.

Zukbuilder
01-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Ship it to Hagens in Blaine, and get a buddy go get it for you if you live out of town.

I do it all the time, works well.

EIEIO
01-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Holy shit Rich, you like to think you know stuff and shit. [4]

kamloopsyota
01-18-2006, 09:08 PM
hmmm that Quarter Elliptic Rear Suspension kit is exact the same as the rocky road one... but 4 cents cheaper haha. am i missing soemthing or does one company just carry the others shit?

if i get this job i applied for today i am seriously thinking of that qers kit and some 31 12.5 boggers or 32 11.5 sx. if i did the 4-1 kit as well i should be fine running those tires until i can upgrade to a 1.6?? i really have no idea about the suzuki stuff and im still learning haha. i guess birfs would be good idea as well?? got to love living at home and can spend money freely haha

rimlak
01-27-2006, 12:20 PM
if the gears are 5.13, they are most likely out of the front diff of a 5 speed tracker. i have two front pumpkins in my sami.
i have a 1.3L swift GTI with EFI, 5.13 gears running 33x13.50x15 geolanders m/t's. i top out doing 80...if i push 'er, ill get 90 [5400-5700 RPM].

i also have the 4:1 t-case as well, and the 4:1 is really nice. like stated above, it has a nice reduction. on the trails in low range...gas pedle is almost not needed. fucking slow, but really nice from crawling up/down stuff. im also locked in the rear, which helps, but before i was, the reduction helped a lot..

just remember though. with all this, your speed goes down. :) its core as a daily driver... hahaha cant get anywhere fast. i hit 50km/h and i am shifting into 5th gear at 2700 RPM.

StinkFinger
01-27-2006, 01:01 PM
i think rich has gotter dialed if shes gona see a lot of street time the 456 gears would be mint with 32-33 inch tiers the 513 with 33-35 remember a bogger is like the next size up in anny other tiers so if ya run a 33 bogger you can run a 35 just about anny thing else

Big_Ern
01-27-2006, 02:10 PM
hmmm that Quarter Elliptic Rear Suspension kit is exact the same as the rocky road one... but 4 cents cheaper haha. am i missing soemthing or does one company just carry the others shit?

if i get this job i applied for today i am seriously thinking of that qers kit and some 31 12.5 boggers or 32 11.5 sx. if i did the 4-1 kit as well i should be fine running those tires until i can upgrade to a 1.6?? i really have no idea about the suzuki stuff and im still learning haha. i guess birfs would be good idea as well?? got to love living at home and can spend money freely haha

a lot of companies all carry the same stuff because they get it from the same fab/machine shop. Very few companies actually produce their own shit in house. It all gets sourced out to a 3rd party machine shop or whatever.

norm
01-28-2006, 06:57 AM
I recently put 5:13's in my Sami and I run 31x11.5 swampers,tops out at
90kmh-4700 rpm.Good low range though and was alot cheaper than t-case
gears.Not a dd so hwy speed ain't a concern.Pretty hard to get any wheel
speed in the mud with the 1.3 though.
1600 go'n in today!![36]

kamloopsyota
01-28-2006, 05:41 PM
ok well i got the job i applied for and i am seriosuly thinking of selling my toyota. dont get me wrong haha i love the toy but the ifs is just pissing me off and i cant be bothered to pay 3g+ for the axle swap. the sammy would be a dd and a lot of highway about 35-60 km a day so i need to do 100 atleast haha. i was thinking more about the suspension and i think just the jp eater would be best cause im still a beginner t wheelin. but that has to be ordered from the states or does breeze make anything for that swap?? and one more, sorry for the questions, when should i do cross over, after 4" of lift or what?? thanks for all the info guys much appreciated