PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump problem

black442
01-06-2006, 09:55 PM
put a 454 in my truck. the 454 was running when I pulled it. Now it seems the fuel pump isn't working. I put the fuel pump off of my 350 onto the 454( I know the pump works) and still no fuel being pumped to the carb?????? I have dual tanks, tried both tanks and it made no difference. I'm stumped!!!! ANY IDEAS???? My last resort is to just install a electric pump. wondering if I need to bleed it cause of the dual tanks?????

thanks in advance for any advice

81 chev 3/4 ton on 35's. going bigger soon

adrock
01-07-2006, 05:50 PM
is the fuel pump shaft iit the right location. is it being pushed by the cam to run. had that happen on my truck before. go down to lordco and get one of the mr gasket electric pumps . its the little green one meant for carbed trucks. i use it as a primer and helper pump but it can be hooked up in place of your mechanical pump. only about 30 bucks i think.

black442
01-08-2006, 12:29 AM
well, I found out the 350 pump arm is different than a 454 arm. my 350 pump didn't work. I went and bought a new 454 pump and that did the trick. truck now runs and is loud as hell with open headers. going to work tommorow to bend some pipes up and call the big block swap done!!!!

thanks for all the input guys!!!! cheers: colby