PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP

High Wheeler
01-06-2006, 06:30 AM
can anyone here tell me where the fuel pump is located on a ford f250 it's motor is a 5.8 fuel injected. and the darn thing started to hesitate last night while coming home and today wont start I have spark but no fuel and you can hear the pump pressurizing the line like normal.

all I need is to find out where it is and if you know what it's going to cost me to replace?????????????

-------------------------
WHY Drink and drive when you can Smoke and Fly

barracuda
01-06-2006, 06:42 AM
are you sure it is the pump?

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/barracuda/card.gif

"A level" mobile welder
mig,tig,alum spool,stick
rates start at $65 an hr
welder rental from $125 per day

The way to a mans heart is through his zipper!!!

caveman
01-06-2006, 06:45 AM
depends on what year it is, some of them have three fuel pumps. One ineach fuel tank and one on the frame rail under the cab. did u check for fuel pressure at the fuel rail?

"Life is just to dam short"

adrock
01-06-2006, 07:10 AM
check your fuel filter, in line along frame

High Wheeler
01-06-2006, 07:10 AM
ok here it is. thanks for all the help but I fingered it out.
my fuel pump in my front tank is shot and the rear tank is good I got the ford started. little to my suprize the ford has 2 fuel pumps 1 in each tank. so we are on the road again and I will have to drain the fuel in the front tank as it is full and I need it empty to fix it.

AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

-------------------------
WHY Drink and drive when you can Smoke and Fly

swamp donkey
01-09-2006, 06:32 AM
isnt there one low presure for each tank and one high pressure for the main fuel line ?keep on smokin

In The Zone
01-09-2006, 09:43 PM
yes primer and line lo hi

Rebulon Refurbulater
01-14-2006, 08:12 AM
depends on the year
The older ones have low pressure pumps in both tanks and a high pressure pump on the frame rail......the newer ones use two high pressure pumps in the tanks