PDA

View Full Version : 4runner Rear Coil's lift.

trevyota
01-02-2006, 11:39 PM
who has lifted em on here?

is it cheaper to do a leafspring swap?

-----------------------

91 runner>SS<
(shitty and stock)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/teij/signal.gif

redman
01-03-2006, 03:46 AM
i put the Downey 3.5 inch coil lift into my 4runner with bilstien coil shock in the front, it gave me enough room to fit in 33's I am happy with the ilft, was a bit expensive as I also did a manual hub conversion at the same time.

only users lose drugs

arjan
01-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Redman that sounds like a 3rd gen 4runner lift. The 2nd gen has torsion bars. I had the downey 1.5" HD springs on my '91 at the time with the torsion bars tweaked. At first it was scary as I had the original toyota shocks still on, but after I got new shocks it handled very well.
For a bit I was running 33" on 15x10" rims until I got pulled over for a VI.

I attached some old pics testing the rubbing in the carport. I did pound my seam at the front wheels to make space at full lock.

01-08-2006, 10:07 AM
why did you get the VI?

arjan
01-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Tires sticking out too far, as he was writing up the paperwork a jeep came by with tires sticking out just as far. I pointed it out, but the officer didn't care. It's just the luck of the draw I guess.

trevyota
01-08-2006, 01:03 PM
so you had 1.5 in the back and just tweaked up front for the 33's?

arjan
01-08-2006, 01:21 PM
Yep, I did bend the bottom part of the fender to have some more turning radius. This has more to do with the wide wheels then the tire height.
If you run 33s on 7" wide rims I doubt you'd have that problem. With 8" wide rims you always have a bit of rubbing, even with 31" tires.

The pic below shows my custom bodywork. If you add a 1.5" body lift things would open up even more. That way you can run decent tires without having to invest too majorly into your truck. Also keeps you center of gravity down.

trevyota
01-08-2006, 01:42 PM
took me a min to figure out that pic.....

you should rotate it.

but yah it makes sence......

what did yah pay for the downey's?

arjan
01-08-2006, 08:24 PM
I figured I would give you a challange. Sorry about that. I just came accross those pics last week, while trying to find something else on my harddrive. I knew what it was, just didn't take a close look at it.

I really can't remember what I paid for the downeys, but this was back in about 98 anyway. I know they didn't sag in about 3-4 years I had them.
Just make sure you adjust the rear brake proportioning valve, even after you put the spacing bracket on.

epic3
01-09-2006, 12:50 AM
Tires sticking out too far, as he was writing up the paperwork a jeep came by with tires sticking out just as far. I pointed it out, but the officer didn't care. It's just the luck of the draw I guess.
Tatle tale!!

Ha ha just buggin ya

redman
01-09-2006, 08:29 AM
your right my 4runner is third gen

arjan
01-09-2006, 09:29 AM
I figured when I saw your post, I have a '97 nowadays and I've been looking into a ome setup. I would like the front setup using the tundra coils etc. (lots of info on Yotatech) but when I go to the toy dealer with the partnumbers the prices are downright scary.

redman
01-09-2006, 11:51 AM
its costly mine was $1200 plus labour and I had to do the manual hub conversion to avoid excessive cv angle while on the street. I'm really happy with how its drives and wheels.