PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?

OverkillYJ
12-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Im in the process of building up a 90 YJ. so far i have a 428 that im building up and a rear dana 60. I need a front dana 60 with discs, an auto transmission and maybe a transfer case. should i go 4 link? its gonna be a mud/trail jeep. should i keep it a standard? ive got an old 76 F250 that im getting what i can from it. if the engine isnt worth saving im going for a 383, the 428 has been sitting outside in the truck for 20 years so it might be too far gone. and suggestions or parts would be useful, thanx

Squishy
12-28-2005, 10:30 PM
cant beat the WOT sound of a big block, but it might be a little much for a trail truck, id keep it smallblock(in my opinion), and as for suspension, it just depends how much you want to spend on it or how long you want to take on the build. mikey is running leafs all around, and it flexes like crazy, but linked suspensions are cool.

FrogDog
12-29-2005, 01:05 AM
Well i aggree with Squishy 100%.. the only thing i can add is your trying to convert a 90 YJ into what?? I sujest you pic one and we go from there...

cheers bro

------------------------------------------------------
I know, who the fuck asked me anyway ..

OverkillYJ
01-02-2006, 01:49 PM
so far the 428 looks like its in good condition so i'll probably keep it. i'm gonna be using it for trails and mud but i guess mainly trails. im putting air lockers on it. i'd like to get the 383, but i have the 428 and its free so id rather use that if its any good. im looking for different suspension set ups. i dont know if i want to go with leaf, 4 link, or what. im gonna get 38' boggers too. anything else u want to know just ask and ill tell u if i can.

OverkillYJ
01-02-2006, 06:59 PM
ok, trails. i dont want to spend a huggge amount of $ on the suspension but i am willing to spend some decent cash. how much? ill have to see, depends on what you guys have to say about suspension ideas. frogdog, my buddy told me you have a 4x4 shop. what exactly do you do? i need axles re vamped and air lockers installed. and i need a dana 60 front with discs and a auto tansmission (C6) and a married transfer case asap. thanx again

brandonf250
01-02-2006, 07:18 PM
i had a 1991 yj on 35's with a ford 8.8 locked and it was leaf sprung and worked very good,i would suggest doing a leaf over as it is cheap with good results,just my 2cents

Always broke
01-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Well everything sounds good ezcept for the air locker they are not good in mud the little o-rings fail just when you need them I would recommend going with an E-locker they are posi until you flip the switch as opposed to an air locker which is open until you flip the switch just my 2 cents

TRYING TO SCARE THE ON A BOARD NURSE ONE DAY AT A TIME heheheheheh!!

OverkillYJ
01-06-2006, 05:37 AM
well i took the 428 apart and its in amazing condition considering its been out side for 20 years. i tryed to find some info on the e-lockers but couldent find much, know of any web sites? i still need a front dana 60, c6 trans, and a transfer case asap.

Milkman
01-06-2006, 09:04 AM
e locker- Easton I think. Or ?

We will miss you Steve.
R.I.P.

Big_Ern
01-06-2006, 01:33 PM
e-locker = electric locker. A few companies make them now. Flip a switch and they go from open/posi to fully locked like a spool or welded. basiacally the same as an ARB

---------------------
RIP Steve

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases, welded F&R w/ O-Fields
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7

OverkillYJ
01-06-2006, 06:59 PM
ya, i know what an e-locker is, i just dont know any companies that make them. if you know a web site that can give me some prices let me know. im also looking at the 8.0 comp coil-over system by rough country. let me know what you guys think.
http://www.roughcountry.com/rock_krawler_yj_suspension_8.htm