PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!

StillRYE
12-18-2005, 03:49 PM
I finally got my 4Runner running and ready for inspection i got a brand new head from pick and pull for 40 bux got it all put together on wednsday night then it would start but it wouldnt idle so it took two nights to find out what was wrong it had a vacuum leak between the lower and upper intake so I got that fixed.So I start it up and it starts pouring oil out of the side of the timming cover DAMM!!! Figured the timing cover was warped so I put a new one on still doin the same thing so I started rippin er apart again there was some burrs on the block that I had to file off then I screwed up the head gasket tryin to slide the timing cover back in bbut luckily with some help from a little ultra copper silicone i got it sealed up and I got it runnin and i am proud to say I can now remove a 22RE timing cover in 22 minutes (I timed myself the last time) now time to lift it and throw my tires on in the next week.

I am also tryin to decide what color to paint it I was gonna keep it all black but everyone has a black 4runner so now I am thinkin white but keepin the bumpers and hard top black plus then I can leave the door jambs and engine compartment black and it wont look to goffy any thoughts???

------------------------------------------------
It seems everyone grows bigger balls on the internet.

epic3
12-19-2005, 10:46 AM
Paint it brown ugly brown then you'll never have to wash it

sj-x 500
12-19-2005, 12:54 PM
"wont look to goffy any thoughts???"

if you don't want it to look goofy, get out the drivers seat :D

Zuk's on Ice.

StillRYE
12-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Or I could just go buy a Samurai then I won't have to worry if it looks goofy cause everyone knows they do

sj-x 500
12-19-2005, 04:58 PM
s'ok, i've still yet to drive a samurai. owned 1, never drove it.

hey i needs a new center ball... me n'it had a disagreement. workin tomorrow?

Zuk's on Ice.

StillRYE
12-19-2005, 06:04 PM
yea I'll be there till 430

sj-x 500
12-19-2005, 06:22 PM
fuck.. i'll be there after 5

Zuk's on Ice.