PDA

View Full Version : Soft top

StillRYE
12-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Anyone know where to get a soft top for a 4runner all the ones i have seen you have to put about 200 screws in and you cant run the hardtop anymore i would prefer to run my hardtop in the winter

------------------------------------------------
It seems everyone grows bigger balls on the internet.

Big_Ern
12-19-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure if they still make it, but canback sells a top that has brackets that bolts into the existing holes for the hard top, and then the soft top snaps to that. You could modify a kayline or other soft top to do the same thing with a bit of angle iron for some brackets

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

StillRYE
12-19-2005, 03:28 PM
that would be perfect I'll have to check it out thanks

Big_Ern
12-19-2005, 03:37 PM
nice tops, but its big $$$. last i checked used ones were going for $5-800

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

StillRYE
12-19-2005, 05:06 PM
yea theyre website isnt workin i wonder if theyre outta business I guess I ll just have to keep a tarp and some bungees handy

mertin4x4
12-23-2005, 09:54 PM
im making my soft top bought 5yrds of vinyl from a fabric store and screw snaps put them on the side of the truck so the top will still mount on and got some aluminum angle that bolts into the back of the cab.. with the roll bar in the back its easy to do if you know (or somone you know) knows how to use a sewing machine.. just gota get a strong needle and some good thread

when im done maybe ill post a picture

87 22r-e: chev spring swap, underbody lighting, K&N,

Cookie
12-24-2005, 02:43 PM
while sittin out side ikea one day waitin for the wife(ill be damned if i get fooled to goin in that hellhole again)and the guy a few cars down had a fabric top on it anyhooo he said when all was said and done it was around $1000.that quote has always kept it of my mind,would be nice to have tho.

used!
abused!
and usually accused!