PDA

View Full Version : front end rpoblem

Timebandit
12-18-2005, 08:16 AM
i am have a little but of a pul to the right when my dad had the truck he had the bottem ball joints done i checked the tir rod end they are all tight but i did notice that one of the sway bushing are coming out and the shock is wet could thoughs be why i have the pull

90 G.M.C Jimmy
31" street mudder
mod 350 (told done work in side when bought)
up grades done to turbo 350 (steel bearing) stage 2 shift kit
custiom built torque conver

ottoman
12-18-2005, 07:52 PM
could be a brake dragging a little

blazinbc
12-19-2005, 09:50 AM
It could be you need a wheel alignment after doing the ball joints,I would say that is the problem an easy check is to measure across center to center on the front side of the tire and then the back. I believe you should have a 1/4 in to 3/8 in less in the front

Timebandit
12-19-2005, 02:31 PM
the brakes are fine it still pulls the sam4e when i hit the4 brake when my dad put the 31" it got the pull

90 G.M.C Jimmy
31" street mudder

pumpkin
12-20-2005, 05:33 AM
Probably a tire pull. Try swaping the front tires side to side. aif it pulls the other way its the tires.

Gonna build me a truck

ottoman
12-20-2005, 10:34 AM
check air pressure to 1 could be lower than the others

Timebandit
12-20-2005, 04:41 PM
we have put new tires on the front and the pull is still there

90 G.M.C Jimmy
31" street mudder

Rebulon Refurbulater
12-27-2005, 09:21 AM
i know you said the brakes were fine but......do you mean there's lotsa pad left? or?
The caliper could be siezing.....(not releasing) enough this could cause a pull.....if the pull is alarming you and you decide its the caliper.....replace both calipers and pads and make certain there are no greasy finger smears of grease or whatever before you test drive it.... if you only replace one the other caliper could feel like its pullin.......probly would be okay but the reason for your question was to stop the pull.......good luck

highrider_44s
12-28-2005, 07:45 AM
I had a caliper that was seising on my truck up and it was pulling to the left so i got out and was checking it out looking at the left brake everthing looked fine and it wasn't hot so away i went. But a few more k later it was still going on so i got out again and walked around the whole truck and noticed the snow melting of the right side hub i felt it and it was smokin hot so it turns out it was the right side sticking and making it pull to the left. If you think it might be a break check all the brakes it might even be a back one that making it pull