PDA

View Full Version : rear bumper

kamloopsyota
12-16-2005, 09:01 PM
what the hell, i thought the toyota truck doesnt have to have a rear bumper cause it was an option from the factory. but tonight i go through a road block and the guy says i have to have one doesnt matter if it was an option or not. so whats true??

I am the righteous hammer of God and that hammer is coming down!

OO-RAH!

highwaystar
12-16-2005, 09:09 PM
from my experience if you ask 10 cops a question you will get 10 different answers. just forget about it. i was told i wasnt allowed to have lights on my roll bar. when i told the cop that hummers and even jeep libertys have them stock he said no they dont if i see you with them again i will have your truck impounded[35]

just say yes sir yes maam sure whatever you say then forget you ever had the conversation and try not to think about how 25% of the money you earn is going to give these idiots jobs.

At least they are finally doing something about the car stealing and the fact that every second young man is a drug dealer in the south okanagan now.

if a cop is reading this please sign up and respond. i know they monitor these forums...

GET YOUR ASSES SYNCHRONIZED!!!!!

-------------------------

3VZ-E Fan Club Member #1

3.0 = [36]

jeepingpw
12-17-2005, 06:27 AM
You have to sell drugs & have 2 real jobs to be able to afford to live in the Okanagan:(

'42 GPW, 3" lift, Pinto power
'85 F-350 Crew Cab 2" lift, 35's '
88 4Runner5" lift , 31's
Vernon, B.C.

kamloopsyota
12-17-2005, 09:14 AM
hahaha sounds pretty true. i called around today to get an answer and still nothing is 100% so fuck it im not putting one on haha

I am the righteous hammer of God and that hammer is coming down!

OO-RAH!

trevyota
12-17-2005, 06:37 PM
fuck it leave it off

just say that a cop told you that it's alright

-----------------------

91 runner>SS<
(shitty and stock)

sj-x 500
12-17-2005, 06:57 PM
1... it's not an option, you need a roll pan or a bumper. i've never seen a toyota truck without one. you need a rear bumper of some sort. it must cover your body, the ends of your frame rails, and be the furthest point rearward of your body.

2. the lights, you cannot run driving lights without a cover on the highway or in town. they must have a cover to prevent you from using them. fog lights can be used but must be yellow/amber in color, and only come on with your high beams, or on a seperate switch. if you get caught the officer can order them to be removed, or issue a VI notice, not impound the veichle.

Zuk's on Ice.

StillRYE
12-17-2005, 07:13 PM
quote:2. the lights, you cannot run driving lights without a cover on the highway or in town. they must have a cover to prevent you from using them. fog lights can be used but must be yellow/amber in color, and only come on with your high beams, or on a seperate switch. if you get caught the officer can order them to be removed, or issue a VI notice, not impound the veichle.

Lights only need a cover if theyre higher then your headlights if they are below you dont need covers

------------------------------------------------
Violence Doesn't solve anything. But it sure makes me feel better!!

82 Toyota LB 33x12.50 M/T,fully rebuilt 22R bored .030 over, comp cam,350 Holley carb, Hedman header

86 4runner gloss black spray bomb paint job and power windows

89Ford
12-17-2005, 09:26 PM
quote:
Lights only need a cover if theyre higher then your headlights if they are below you dont need covers

I dont know about that, i asked at sport trucks and he told me that you need covers no matter where their located, it dont realy make sence on why youd only need covers if they were higher than your headlights. I say best is to just put the covers on, save your self the hassle of dealing with the cops.

89 F250 4x4

FrogDog
12-17-2005, 10:06 PM
well my 2 cents is you have to have a bumper.. ICBC shit..
I am redoing a 4runner atm and had to supply a temp channel
till done (as gratis i did) as far as lights go.. need to
be covered above headlights but ive never been caught or
questioned on the issue personaly..

untill else fails, do it, go for it, with no worries.. [36]

cheers bro and good luck [cheers]

------------------------------------------------------
I know, who the fuck asked me anyway ..

lincoln locked
12-18-2005, 08:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by sj-x 500

1... it's not an option, you need a roll pan or a bumper. i've never seen a toyota truck without one. you need a rear bumper of some sort. it must cover your body, the ends of your frame rails, and be the furthest point rearward of your body.

Zuk's on Ice.
what is a roll pan?is that just body molded down over the frame rails with hevy steal back behind the new body molding ?
i took some 3"x1/4" chanel steel slid it in the fram rail ends caped the end with 4"x1/4"x3' pice of steel conecting the 2 ends put a 2" recever in the center , put a tow hook on eather side and it works great. i now have a boxed frame 2" reacever and tow hooks and what i hope to be a leagel bumber, i just dont know what the cops would say about it [:p]

1992,4-runner 3.0, 5-speed 456 gears welded in the back 3" body lift 15x35x16 wide boggers,nurf bars,fully loaded,leather front to back

89Ford
12-18-2005, 09:42 AM
A roll pan is a peice of whatever, steel, fiberglass, lots of custom lowrider trucks use em. They replace the bubper; it fits in between the box ends and then rolls in at the bottom for a clean look and then bolts onto the frame. When used on the lowrider trucks it purely for looks, to clean and smooth out the back of the truck. I guess u could build one out of some heavy guage steel and the put a reciver on and tow hooks, but that be kinda dumb, youd probably end up building more of a bumper anywheys, even if u were going for the roll pan look

89 F250 4x4

pumpkin
12-18-2005, 09:48 AM
The Motor Vehicle Act states section 8-5 Rear Bumper NOT reqired on trucks. So he might be right, since you can hardly consider a toyota a truck[15]

Gonna build me a truck

hamberger
12-18-2005, 09:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by 89Ford

quote:

I dont know about that, i asked at sport trucks and he told me that you need covers no matter where their located, it dont realy make sence on why youd only need covers if they were higher than your headlights. I say best is to just put the covers on, save your self the hassle of dealing with the cops.

89 F250 4x4

Then what about all those Jeep liberty's with their stock light bar
across the top?

SIDEWALKS ARE JUST
ANOTHER PASSING LANE!

'88 4Runner with some secret weapons

89Ford
12-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Hmm, maby their under a certain wattage, or hooked up in such a way that its legal. Or since its a factory option that might make t legal???

89 F250 4x4

highwaystar
12-18-2005, 10:56 AM
the cop told me no lights up top covered or not because you can be charged with impersonating a police officer or ambulance [freak]

like i said just yes sir no sir im sorry officer and as soon as your out of his sight forget about it.

-------------------------

3VZ-E Fan Club Member #1

3.0 = [36]

ToyotaHEAD
12-18-2005, 12:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by sj-x 500
fog lights can be used but must be yellow/amber in color, and only come on with your high beams,

Man i couldnt dissagree with you more on this. Have you ever driven in thick fog with your highbeams on??? The whole point of a fog light is that they can be used and switched on seperately from the main headlights, (quite often just your markers are left on and only the fog lights are on in really bad conditions) and for them to be effective must be as close to the ground as possible.

I had a: 81' Toyota, 2.5L 22RE, Celica EFI retro'd in, A340H Auto, 10" of lift, TSL 35x16 Boggers, 437 gears, Rear Detroit Locker, Onboard Air, Pimpin BULL BOLLZ!
Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/ToyotaHEAD/2004927174441_100_5984.jpg
12.26spudKB

jakerngr
12-18-2005, 01:35 PM
I GOT NAILD WITH MY ROLL PAN AND THE COP TOLD ME THAT THEY'RE NOT LEGAL EITHER WITCH IS COMPLETE BULSHIT THEY ARE D.O.T APPROVED.

YOU JUST CANT FUCKIN WIN WITH THE UNEDUCATED MORONS