PDA

View Full Version : JImmy 87

Shera
12-14-2005, 01:12 PM
I am goona keep my 1987 jimmy now and since we are back to work I have it booked in to get a new paint job and minor work thru a school for $600 bucks [they will do it in the spring but may take 3 months] does anyone know of a good but cheap place to get a new tail gate for mine has bad stress cracks in it ] , also gonna get my engine rebuilt [305 ] maybe later raised and whatever........but it will never be as good as deans[h]

Bitchin is good for the soul

HEAVY METAL
12-14-2005, 01:28 PM
[:I] oh come on now.. sure it will...glad ur keepin her! [36] decent tailgates r the hardest thing to find for a blazer....good luck and am lookin forward to seein ya out on the trails...[cheers]

-----------------------

I'M AN ASSHOLE.... DEAL WITH IT.... I HAVE....

Shera
12-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Hear your truck is awesome now [mind you it was before also but better now]

ShortStack
12-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Yay for blazers [36]

I got my two uncracked tailgates complete at JKL Automotive in Maple Ridge. $150 complete.

HEAVY METAL
12-14-2005, 03:31 PM
they must like big boobs [f] cauze usually that place is a rip...

-----------------------

Andrew Goll
12-14-2005, 03:36 PM
ive got a brand new repro tailgate with the sliding glass sittlin in the garage still in the box, in kelowna

Andrew Goll
12-14-2005, 03:37 PM
oh and dont waste your money on the 305 find yourself a 4 bolt main 350

kootenaycat
12-14-2005, 06:58 PM
[iagree]

Don't waste time with the 305, 350's are super cheap, look for a complete beater car, and rebuild that one!

stuckle
12-14-2005, 09:05 PM
yah for blazers is right...

blazers rule[36]

umm...yah the tailgates allways rust on blazers...mines good but its a diff body style..

good luck[cheers]

HEAVY METAL
12-15-2005, 04:44 AM
dont listen too em.. drive it till it gives ya a problem then tackle that issue... Kristie has a 300HP 305 in her blazer....

-----------------------

Camorokee
12-15-2005, 06:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by HEAVY METAL

dont listen too em.. drive it till it gives ya a problem then tackle that issue... Kristie has a 300HP 305 in her blazer....

-----------------------

I said pardon?

real trucks don't have spark plugs

ShortStack
12-15-2005, 02:09 PM
The guy that owns the place is actually a prick, and yes to me too. I just dont take shit. ;)

epic3
12-15-2005, 04:29 PM
You just give itquote:Originally posted by BlazerGirl

The guy that owns the place is actually a prick, and yes to me too. I just dont take shit. ;)

Taxidermy
12-15-2005, 05:08 PM
[f]

1993 Nissan Pathfinder, with 5 off-road lights.

tmh84
12-18-2005, 09:17 PM
[36][36][36][36]Blazers are the shit[36][36][36][36]

ShortStack
12-18-2005, 09:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by epic3

You just give itquote:Originally posted by BlazerGirl

I do what I can ;)

Shera
01-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Well just checked with Lavigne's in Burnaby [they are re doing my jimmy's engine ] they were only $100.00 more than Canada engines but using better parts and more personal no assemble line , bad news first 1' reason for oil leak was not front main seal but harmonic balancer's outweight kicked itself out [suppose to be flush] and in turn pushed the harmic into the timing chain cover , two big ass holes is where the oil was splashing out , okay we can handle that , after they cleamed up the engine they ..[forget what they call it but is shows if there are any cracks in the block] and yes I have a 4" crack in the head and I seen it so they are not feeding me bull.. so decision do we go with another 305 or 350 but is gonna cost us .. oh wait Ken remembers he has an engine in the garage [ he never gets rid of anything not even me:D} and its a 305 so takes it in this morning and we talked that if this didn't work out I will than go with a 350 but the engine[305 ] is okay so the guys there are working on the crankshaft today and they are ordering a better cam monday , also seen my new pistons and are they ever shiny and bling[ see Jamie are you inpressed with my talk [as I laugh] hopefully I will get it back sometime next week , and later we can put a small lift kit in it and get 33" tires[running 31" right now] you may think I'm crazy but I do love my truck but it won't be as good as Deans but thats okay

ShortStack
01-06-2006, 02:38 PM
lol you're doing good [d]

sounds like a decent shop. only ever heard bad things about Canada Engines and Bond Engines (who let the customer leave without oil in the rebuild [9])

Let me know if you guys need any help with anything :)

Its Lifted ... and Fat Chicks CAN Climb.

Shera
01-06-2006, 02:50 PM
thanks and we talked to the guy thats machining my engine , decent guy about 28 to 30 something , he does wheeling also and has done whipsaw afew times , also checkes out Stave afew times to watch the gong show so I think he's okay[36]

TimHortonsAddict
01-08-2006, 06:12 PM
You could give Ralphs Auto a try for the tailgate. (It's on Scott Road near the bottom of the hill)

They have quite a few blazers / Jimmys in there of all sorts, and usually the rear end is the best part of them.

I bow my head in shame every time I see a smashed up Chevy in there... but then I take a part off of it and let it live on :)

Shera
01-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks I'll give that a try , we had checked a place in burnaby that sells after market parts for trucks and they wanted $365 for the tailgate but made in china checked with GMC and they wanted $450.00 for a true jimmy part ,shows after market stuff is sometimes not that much cheaper and at least original parts will fit probably better but we will check out that place on scott road for I want my top lifted[on the truck] so that we can put roof racks on it when it gets painted but seen Deans truck again last night and his rear end sure looks good [taking about his truck ... devil smile inserted here....]

ddog75blazer
01-09-2006, 07:21 PM
hard to find gates that dont have cracks in either corner or there just rusted out good luck!!!!!!!

ShortStack
01-09-2006, 08:17 PM
I got two in very good shape at JKL. Better prices when a guy calls/shows up tho :rolleyes:

Also depends if you need just the skin or the internal mechanism as well.

TimHortonsAddict
01-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Did you end up finding anything at Ralphs?

Shera
01-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Just need the outer skin ,insides still work but its shitty when you have to work can't do things during the week

epic3
01-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Well it'll be great to see another Vert on the trail with us. Topless chicks oh yeah

Shera
01-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Just got my truck back last night , and its awesome already my daughter is bugging me to drive it again [brought her up right that trucks are cool] has a nice idle with the rv cam in it and just touch the gas and she responds [36] , never realized how gutless the old engine was

ShortStack
01-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Good to hear :) [36]

HEAVY METAL
01-24-2006, 07:46 AM
awesome guys..

FINGERS
01-24-2006, 07:51 AM
ya jamie is a real dickhead!!
just go down when he is not there!!

pumpkin
01-24-2006, 10:14 AM
I can get new aftermarket tailgates for about $200.

Shera
01-25-2006, 06:20 AM
Just got the engine paid for so I have to save up more money now[for several more things went wrong with the old engine [cracked block] that we had to use another one plus cracked manifold ,replaced ring gear etc.] so I may pm you after regarding the tailgates

Shera
01-27-2006, 11:49 PM
I had to take my JImmy back to the place that re built the engine; real good people but turns out my jimmy was known as an early version of computer with fuel injection that when they out in the light rv cam[ boy did it idle and purr nicely ] is not compatiable with the computer that they have to take out the rv cam and put in a stock cam because she is running too rich and the computer can not correct the problem [needs a newer computer for this which we are not going there] but where the work is being done they are very good and seem to be honest with the problem [they have spent two days with it trying to correct the problem... what a tease to give me that type of sound and feel with the engine but then turns out its too rich and would never pass air care and would probably burn out the engine because of being too hot and also gas mileage[j] but hopefully by tuesday at the latest I will get it back , never realized now much I miss my truck until its gone

HEAVY METAL
01-28-2006, 01:06 AM
that sux yo... i feel your pain....

Big_Ern
01-28-2006, 01:15 AM
Damn that sucks Deb. There's gotta be another cam grind out there that will work with your computer. no sense putting stock stuff back in ther if you can avoid it.

HEAVY METAL
01-28-2006, 01:16 AM
rip that comp outa there.....thta was a factory option... dont need it...

Shera
01-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Too late they are already putting in a stock cam should have taken the computer out but than it would have cost us more to probably motify some parts

Shera
02-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Had to take my truck back a third time because it looked like we had an oil leak, turns out it was the transmission lines [ and tran oil was light brown in color ] LAvigne's were real good and fixed the problem with no extra cost to me, we all thought it was the rear main seal by the oil pan, I have to say that I would recommend they for they have been real good with all the problems we had and did their best to fix everything up for us ; shows customer service does go along ways