PDA

View Full Version : murdougs shitty 3.slo

dexter302
12-11-2005, 07:57 PM
ok,,, its fucked,,,,,

what its duiong is when you start it,, it revs up and down by it self from 1800-2100 rpm til lit warms up,,, what teh fuck???
next,,, he had it in 4wd a week ago,,, then it started chugging and spruttering/bogging... ok so i drive it for a day,, it works fine,,tillim onmy way to school,,, teh it fucks up,,, piece of shit,,, so,, it sounds liek it is advancing teh timming so it runs really rough and jolty,,, sounds liek minor backfiring in teh intake,,, so,, i look for vacuum leaks,, fix 1,,, does teh same shitty running thing,, so,, if youstart it,, it most of the time will run rough,,, turn it off,, start it again,it runs smooth,, but havs like no go,,, give it like full threottle,, and the rpm climbs slowly to 3500 then sputters,,, turn it off again,, and start it,, it will work fine,,, any ideas?? anyone had this happen to you???

oh ya,, whenit is running like shit,, the check engine light comes on,,, teh code is 42,,,, vehicle speed sensoe no voltage... where is such sensor obn this vehicle???,, i didnt think they ad speed sensors as there is no cruise control... i am gunna check the vacuum lines to teh front diff,,, but i have to remove the skid plate,, so i am doingthat tommorow at lunch... he needs his truck very soon,,, so if anyone has something for me to try,,, let me know.... thanks guys...

This space for rent
..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

.............//)
..........,/../ /
........./..../ /
....//'...'/.`
./'/.../..../.....:^.\
('(.......... _/'...'/
\.................'...../
.'\'...\.......... _.
...\..............(
....\..............\

dexter302
12-11-2005, 08:00 PM
fawking piece of shit....

This space for rent
..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

.............//)
..........,/../ /
........./..../ /
....//'...'/.`
('(.......... _/'...'/
.'\'...\.......... _.
...\..............(
....\..............\

Murd0c
12-11-2005, 08:19 PM
damm fucker my trucks not bad, but I need to get this shit fixed soon. Leaving for clear creek friday so it has to be working. If anyone has anyadvice please let me know asap!!

Only in BC you can wheel in the Snow, Sun & Rain in the same day!!

Big_Ern
12-11-2005, 11:29 PM
hmmm... Got me stumped... I never knew there was a speed sensor on those thing either aside from the mechanical speedo

Double check the rubber intake tube for tears. Pull it off and flex it to see if there's a small tear that might be letting air in. Usually they crack on the bottom.

Do the fuel filter too maybe if you haven't already...?

maybe another vaccuum leak somewhere?

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

slacker
12-12-2005, 05:04 AM
weak or low battery will do it as well .... also check the coolant level .

speed sensor is in the speedo head ...

home page http://www.members.shaw.ca/slacker502
Employer http://www.toyotafiberglass.com
/86 Toy 4x4 , soon to come off the road for some major work .
/84 Toy 2wd , soon to be on the road , after some major work .
/90 SRLoaded <sold>

sj-x 500
12-12-2005, 06:08 AM
hasn't the toy 3.slow got an engine speed sensor, crank speed, or cam speed?

Zuk's on Ice.

Always broke
12-12-2005, 06:12 AM
Try going someplace that has a genisys(sp?) computer to check the
system while running it will tell you exactly whats going on
if ya can't find one Reece give me a call I can "hook you up" with a friend of mine[36]

TRYING TO SCARE THE ON A BOARD NURSE ONE DAY AT A TIME heheheheheh!!

Murd0c
12-12-2005, 11:58 AM
would the coolant level make a difference? I just filled it up a couple weeks ago. The problem started when I put it in 4hi last week and hasn't gone away.

I just don't know what to do right now, I'm not missing the trip on friday so 'm just tempted to take it to Toyota but fuck bad time for this to happen low on the cash flow.

If anyone knows anyone who can look at it please let me know or give me a call asap, I have wed off so I'm free to go anywhere then!!!

Reece #778-881-6971

lizard
12-12-2005, 12:18 PM
water level for the revs...I had same problem awhile ago. clean up the TB..

hope your headgaskets allright

ez_b
12-12-2005, 12:19 PM
maybe u blew a head gasket with the discription of the chugging and farting. specially if u had to fill up the coolant. u shouldn't have to do that if theres no leaks.

it only takes one beer to get me drunk, i just don't know if it is the 14th or 15th.

Big_Ern
12-12-2005, 12:28 PM
could be...

Reece did it overheat recently? and has the headgasket ever been done on it?
If it overheated at all and the HG hasn't been done B is probably right about the HG being blown.

There was a factory recall for them as it was a known problem, but its over now for trucks that old.

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

Murd0c
12-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Nope it hasn't over heated at all, and nope the head has never been done with 340k on it, damm it that better not be the problem. I'm really starting to stress now.

Murd0c
12-12-2005, 12:32 PM
I just had to fill up my reserve it was completly empty all my coolant in my rad was fine.

ez_b
12-12-2005, 12:43 PM
k, well just pull the plugs to see if any are cleaner than the others to eliminate this problem. also what ern said about the fuel filter is possible too, sometimes it just the little shit that causes problems like these.

it only takes one beer to get me drunk, i just don't know if it is the 14th or 15th.

Murd0c
12-12-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks Brandon will check that shit out[cheers]

Murd0c
12-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Anyways I thought I would reword it since dexter can't seem to write very well[f] I have a 89 p/u v6.

Now since I've had the truck(2yrs) when you start it cold the engine revs from 1800-2100rpm until it warms up then goes away. Can't seems to find anything causing this but anyways thats not the real problem.

around a week ago I put it in 4wd then a little bit later it started chugging and spruttering/bogging, it kind of goes away but you can still tell it wants to do it again here and there.

So then the next day I drive it all over no problems what so ever then all of a sudden it starts doing it again, it kind of sounds like the timeing is being advanced runs really rough and jolty, sounds like minor back fireing in the intake so I look for vacuum leaks find only one and fix it but it's still doing tha same thing.

So the odd part it when you start it most of the time it runs rough but if you turn it off/on it will sounds fine until you give it some gas and it doesn;t have any power slowly goes up to 3500rpm then sputters turn it off/on again and it will work fine.

Anyone have any ideas? has this ever happened to you?

Oh ya when it's running really rough the check engine light comes on, I checked the code comes up as 42(vehicle speed sensor no voltage) where is such a sensor in the truck? I didn't think they had the sensors if there was no crusie control. I've checked the vacuum lines off the front diff and no leaks.

I'm just really stumped right now, I've searched all over to find out what it could be and can't find a thing. If anyone has any advice or knows what it could be please let me know.

Thanks
Reece

Milkman
12-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Now since I've had the truck(2yrs) when you start it cold the engine revs from 1800-2100rpm until it warms up then goes away. Can't seems to find anything causing this but anyways thats not the real problem.

Sounds like a cold start relay.

Any luck on the vac brake booster?

2003 rubicon 99 xj
33's ---------31's
Working on both of them

Murd0c
12-12-2005, 01:40 PM
checked the vac brake it's fine. I'm just fricken stumped on this

ToyotaHEAD
12-12-2005, 06:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Murd0ug

This sounds to me like 2 very small problems:
- In your throttle body there is air bypass system that is open only when the engine is cold. This is for the high idle circuit. Basically it is like a cats eye and a bimetalic piece of metel closes the cats eye as the engine warms up. If you take off the throttle body you will see how the air goes around the throttle plate. This would also be a great time to clean off the EGR carbon off the throttle plate which could be causing problems in my next point.
- If your engine is reving up and drops "only" when its idling, your TPS is sticking. THIS IS VERY COMMON. Quick fix is to pull it off, and spray it down with WD40 and work it a few times by hand. It should snap shut by itself quickly and crisply. When you reinstall it, there should be continouity to the IDL contact when the throttle is fully closed only. If you dont set this way accurately, your truck will rev up, and drop. Again be sure to get that carbon off the throttle plate as well.

around a week ago I put it in 4wd then a little bit later it started chugging and spruttering/bogging, it kind of goes away but you can still tell it wants to do it again here and there.

So then the next day I drive it all over no problems what so ever then all of a sudden it starts doing it again, it kind of sounds like the timeing is being advanced runs really rough and jolty, sounds like minor back fireing in the intake so I look for vacuum leaks find only one and fix it but it's still doing tha same thing.

So the odd part it when you start it most of the time it runs rough but if you turn it off/on it will sounds fine until you give it some gas and it doesn;t have any power slowly goes up to 3500rpm then sputters turn it off/on again and it will work fine.

Anyone have any ideas? has this ever happened to you?

YEAH MINE DOES THE SAME! :( POS [!]3.0L! I have been searching forever to find the cause, but have come short. I have changed many sensors/parts but what made teh biggest differance was the O2 sensor, and believe it or not, the ECU too. Now the truck run awsome (I must stress "awsome" meaning good for a TOY [!]3.0L) when it wants to. But when it doesnt, I'll be goin down to 1st gear to climb the similest hill. Then BOOM! it will start to run great normal again. I notice it does it the most when it is only about 90% up to temperature. Before and after that point it is generally good.

However it does sound like you have a few sensors that are giving you problems. I would go though those first before you yard it out and drop in a 5VZ (Toy 3.4L V6) [8D]

Oh ya when it's running really rough the check engine light comes on, I checked the code comes up as 42(vehicle speed sensor no voltage) where is such a sensor in the truck? I didn't think they had the sensors if there was no crusie control. I've checked the vacuum lines off the front diff and no leaks.

- If your truck is only a 5spd there is a reed swich (speed sensor) in the instrument console right next to the speedo.
- If your truck is an auto there is 1 in the instrument console AND a 2nd in the automatic tranny itself.

I dont have my wiring diagram handy to suggest a fix, but for now you can check to see that all the wire harnass that plug into ur console are tight.

Hope these ideas help. J

I had a: 81' Toyota, 2.5L 22RE, Celica EFI retro'd in, A340H Auto, 10" of lift, TSL 35x16 Boggers, 437 gears, Rear Detroit Locker, Onboard Air, Pimpin BULL BOLLZ!
Image Insert:
http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/ToyotaHEAD/2004927174441_100_5984.jpg
12.26spudKB

dexter302
12-12-2005, 10:20 PM
ok,,, looks liek im gunna have to pull the cluster out to check the vss,,, teh coolant was drained when i and replaced,, so its full,,, the tps dd get removed and re installed,, but i marked it,, it went backin teh same as it came out,, but i will definetly checkit will a multi meter,,,, all the plugs were looking good when o changed them,,, not tooo clean,, not too dirty,, just a golden brown color... new cap, new rotor,, new wires,,, fuel filter i had to order in,, so i am cjaging it,, but the thing that makes me wonder,, is that it works fine when you shuit it off,, then liek crap when you start it,,, start it again,, it works ok,,, and so on,, and so on,,,, it is a 5 spd,,, no auto to worry about...

i convinced teh boss to buy one of those scan tools from mac tools,, so i will try it out on reeces truck tommorow.

fucking peice of shit truck... makes me think oof "piece if shit car" by adam sandler...
\

This space for rent
..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

.............//)
..........,/../ /
........./..../ /
....//'...'/.`
('(.......... _/'...'/
.'\'...\.......... _.
...\..............(
....\..............\

highwaystar
12-13-2005, 07:45 AM
that "pos" has 340kms on it. give it a break!!!

3.0L 4 life[freak]

-------------------------

3VZ-E Fan Club Member #1

3.0 = [36]

epic3
12-13-2005, 09:24 AM
It's got to many km's and needs a rest have mercy and put it out of it's missery it's the only humane thing to do

Murd0c
12-13-2005, 10:58 AM
My engine has lots of life left. Well it better have lots I have no money for a swap right now!!!

dexter302
12-13-2005, 11:20 AM
itold him a long time ago to put in a 4.3 th350 and sas,,, then e will have killer gearing,,,
but would he listen??,,, nooooo...

fawking piece of shit 3 l crap...

This space for rent
..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

.............//)
..........,/../ /
........./..../ /
....//'...'/.`
('(.......... _/'...'/
.'\'...\.......... _.
...\..............(
....\..............\

Murd0c
12-13-2005, 11:22 AM
it's all about the money mother fucker the money!!!

epic3
12-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Dex has got an idea a brilliant one too. You could pimp yourself for A WHILE to make the money

epic3
12-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Need a pimp bitch?

Milkman
12-13-2005, 08:51 PM
get it fixed?

2003 rubicon 99 xj
33's ---------31's
Working on both of them

dexter302
12-13-2005, 08:58 PM
working on it...

This space for rent
..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

.............//)
..........,/../ /
........./..../ /
....//'...'/.`
('(.......... _/'...'/
.'\'...\.......... _.
...\..............(
....\..............\

Murd0c
12-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Your not when your posting on here fucker, get to fucken work bitch!!!

HEAVY METAL
12-14-2005, 04:43 AM
burn it yo....

-----------------------

I'M AN ASSHOLE.... DEAL WITH IT.... I HAVE....

epic3
12-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Another great idea

dexter302
12-14-2005, 08:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by HEAVY METAL

burn it yo....

-----------------------

I'M AN ASSHOLE.... DEAL WITH IT.... I HAVE....

im tempted..... heyt reece,,, go fist yourself...[f][f][f][f][f]

This space for rent
..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

.............//)
..........,/../ /
........./..../ /
....//'...'/.`
('(.......... _/'...'/
.'\'...\.......... _.
...\..............(
....\..............\

Murd0c
12-14-2005, 08:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by HEAVY METAL

burn it yo....

Hmmm good idea but my last one went up in flames I don't think ICBC would be very happy if this one was burt as well[c]

Murd0c
12-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Well dexter found that there are some chipped teeth on the distrubtor, so hes putting my buddys in tomm hopefully that will fix the problem for the weekend at least. I'm just crossing my fingers for now.

dexter302
12-15-2005, 05:27 PM
[cheers][cheers]reece,, come get this shitty 3l out of my garage,, im tired of working on it for faawk sakes,,, piece of shit homo engines,, faking cunt whore crappy shiaty piece os shit crappy fawkin garbage gutless piece of crappy import cheap steel..

hey reece,, il poay ya 1000 for the truck...

[f][f][f][f][f][f][f][f][f][f][f][f][f][f]

i think its good to go for the weekend at least,, i havent had it fucklup on me for a while,, i think its alright for now,, teh ecm is my next concern,,, im getting a code saying ecm or tps,, so ui have to set the tps when i get the specs and try the ecm oput of brads truck,, should be good..

you can still go fist yourself

[cheers]

This space for rent
..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

.............//)
..........,/../ /
........./..../ /
....//'...'/.`