PDA

View Full Version : Mabey sombody can help?

Sinister
11-21-2005, 06:14 PM
My front drive shaft is a yota to match my axels and T case,my problem is that it vibrates so bad in 4 low that I hate to lock it in unless im in mud or snow.Than it.s ok,My u jionts are all good,my shaft is a little worn but seems good,would this be because of a welded front diff?,I got my diffs the way they are,trussed like hell ,locked in the rear and welded in the front,havent ever taken them apart but they are geared 4:88,is there a very close gear ratio to that,that would make it vibrate?I had a buddy with a chevy that is running a dana 60 with 4:10's and a dana 44 with 4:11's he says and it makes his chevy vibrate a little,I never knew you could run a tooth off like that?if anybody has any advice for me please anything would help?

86 tintop zuki,toy axels,heater,steering,00civic seats,optima,momo,locked,custom everything

sj-x 500
11-21-2005, 06:34 PM
you can run a 4.10 and 4.11 no problems.

the vibration is likely the long side inner axle, the only thing supporting it directly is the seal at the knuckle, and they tend to go FAST. to test this, pull drive shaft, lock hubs, go for drive. if the vibration stops, the splines on the drive shaft may be worn, drive line outta balance, dented, or even a bolt missing on the flanges will cause a wild vibration.

the other posibility is a diff that is fucked. eg: crush collar collapsed, chipped tooth, imporper set up after welding resulting in inproper tooth concact pattern = noise and vibrations

Zuk's on Ice.

Sinister
11-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Thakx man tried it tonight ,took off front drive shaft,didnt do it,I think it's just the splines on the shaft so any body with a yota shaft let me know?,lol.It will only do it when front shaft is conected and Im locked in.

86 tintop zuki,toy axels,heater,steering,00civic seats,optima,momo,locked,custom everything

dlo
11-21-2005, 08:41 PM
MAKE A square shaft strong as %$#@ and with some work can have only a small amount of vibes

88 sami

Big_Ern
11-21-2005, 09:02 PM
was your driveshaft put together with the u-joints in phase?

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

Sinister
11-22-2005, 03:04 PM
my splines are screwed guys thanx for the info tho

86 tintop zuki,toy axels,heater,steering,00civic seats,optima,momo,locked,custom everything,85 tota in the making,it's goin to be huge!