PDA

View Full Version : funny looking oil

Woodstock
11-20-2005, 11:07 AM
My 2.5L started losing power the other day and ticking real bad. I checked the oil and it was real bad looking but its we changed maybe a month ago. There was water on the dipstick along with a coffee color foam on the top. There is also a very bad vibe at high rpm that stops when i push in the clutch. I dont no much about engines but im thinking this isnt good. What the fuck is wrong with it?

ShortStack
11-20-2005, 11:18 AM
If its milky and foamy you probably have water getting in, could be a crack through a waterjacket or headgasket. Hows the coolant? Did you take it wheeling through water lately?

89Ford
11-20-2005, 01:08 PM
ya if theres any sign of like milky or caramel colour theres a prob. Like BlazerGirl said its prob a bad head gasket, warped head, or the worst cracked waterjecket. Drian your oil and see if it come out the same way

89 F250 4x4

Jroc
11-20-2005, 02:51 PM
how your anti freeze mix? i just checked one of my coworkers car thismorning and not a hint of green , you might have a cracked block on your hands?

Shop smart !! Shop S-mart!!!

Balls First
11-28-2005, 05:57 PM
youve probably got a blown head gasket 2.5's are a whore for that especially if its an older motor its not the end of the world but its gonna take you atleast 2 or 3 days work and a good 60 bucks for a new head gasket if you do it yourself and if it was a cracked block your motor wouldnt run worth shit but if she's smoking white and still running decent then i'd say your head gaskets gone

Dont Let Fear And Common Sense Stop You.