PDA

View Full Version : lift springs

G-rizzle Swank
10-19-2005, 08:07 PM
ok so bought 4" procomp lift springs and they are definetly not 4" cus they are running flat right now with about 2k's on them from a test drive, i got them from napa so i can take them back, should i get proper 4" from pro comp or get some better ones? does that back country or whatever they're called have good quality stuff?

"im gonna go get my space suit on boys and then lets get this dirty cock sucker in the air"
BUBBLES

Big_Ern
10-19-2005, 08:22 PM
try and return them and get your money back if you can. Not running properly adjusted bump stop will cause a lot of cheap lift springs to sag like that.

Didn't you mention that you had some fairly new stock rear leave laying around? use them and add a leaf or two to it.

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

G-rizzle Swank
10-20-2005, 12:48 PM
yea but i dont want to move my steering box ahead right now. i wanna drive the p.o.s

"im gonna go get my space suit on boys and then lets get this dirty cock sucker in the air"
BUBBLES

StillRYE
10-21-2005, 09:58 PM
yea pro comp springs suck i ordered rancho ones for mine we will see how good they are if you wanna spend some money the skyjacker ones are supposed to be good

------------------------------------------------
Violence Doesn't solve anything. But it sure makes me feel better!!

82 Toyota LB 33x12.50 M/T,fully rebuilt 22R bored .030 over, comp cam,350 Holley carb, Hedman header

86 4runner gloss black spray bomb paint job and power windows

Toyquad
10-22-2005, 06:27 AM
no problem with my 4inch procomps.......took a few tries though because the springs i got were marked wrong...... i got 1 3inch and 1 4 inch..... but after changing that .... they work mint.