PDA

View Full Version : lift kit for Explorer

dirty girl
10-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Who makes a suspension lift kit for a 1996 ford explorer? Pro Comp, Rancho? Everything I find is only listed up to 1994 models. Anyone know. It's time for new shocks and I want to lift it 4" or so. If not who makes good shocks to replace the stock ones. Thinking of going to Rancho 9000x if nothing else.

cjMike
10-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Best that ive found out that ford did a one or two year run only and no one is building a lift for it! Not enough call as ive been told by the manufacturers that we deal with ,sorry![cheers]

"BLACK WIDOW " COMING SOON TO A THEATRE NEW YOU SPRING 2006

dirty girl
10-15-2005, 10:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by cjMike

Best that ive found out that ford did a one or two year run only and no one is building a lift for it! Not enough call as ive been told by the manufacturers that we deal with ,sorry![cheers]

"BLACK WIDOW " COMING SOON TO A THEATRE NEW YOU SPRING 2006

Oh well, I have had the same problem. Thanks anyway!:)

Big_Ern
10-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Don't the cv's and/or axleshafts go through the frame on that model? I think thats why no one make a lift kit for them. Too expensive to completely redesign it since they can't just use a dropdown bracket like most kits.

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

jakerngr
11-03-2005, 09:04 AM
superlift makes a 4" kit for that truck. Go on cardomain and look up 96 explorers there are a few with lifts.