PDA

View Full Version : bedliner the whole damn truck?

G-rizzle Swank
10-11-2005, 06:53 PM
k so i was wondering should i? i mean im gonna scratch the shit out of any paint i put on, should i just bedliner the whole thing and then put a flat paint overtop, like that sandy beige colour?

"im gonna go get my space suit on boys and then lets get this dirty cock sucker in the air"
BUBBLES

ShortStack
10-11-2005, 07:05 PM
its been done, but if you do it make sure you get all the dirt and rust off. Might be better to do it when its for sure dry out. wouldn't want moisture caught between. But i'm not a body person lol.

FokkerDude
10-11-2005, 07:09 PM
I've seen a newer Dodge Ram in Rhino Guard from top to bottom. Didn't look too bad and it is super tough stuff. Now with all the colour options, it could look even better. I just don't want to imagine how much prep it would take to do the whole body of a truck.

No Wife, No Kids, No Problems.

Big_Ern
10-11-2005, 07:43 PM
depending on how thick you do it, it would probably add a lot of wight to an already under powered 4cyl

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

Ironman
10-11-2005, 07:56 PM
that would take lots and lotsa perp work and cleaning, you can also get tintable hippo liner

i am so smart, i am so smart..... smrt smrt

Tsunami
10-12-2005, 05:26 PM
I have a4x4 mag article and they did a fullsize bronco thoe one thing they say to do is put bigger washers on your fender bolts and doors etc.As for the tintable i've heard it's not as strong as the basic colors like black due to the paint content they use to get the color.Hope that helps[cheers]

Can't talk now the squirrels are watching

KINGCRUISER
10-13-2005, 09:51 AM
If you bed line it and then paint it your paint will still sctratch and come off, plus its so harder to get clean. With paint at least you can always give er a buff or sand and paint with a spray bomb. Bedliner is cool but dont overdo it man. Paint it flat black, you can always bed line it when the truck is dented to shit and falling apart with rust.

1976 Toyota FJ45, 383 stroker, 35 Wrangler M/T and Warn winch
1984 Toyota Diesel Flatdeck, Lift and Custom Shackles

Smitty
10-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Yeah painting's probably easiest. Get a flat military colour like armour sand. Then you can get Napa to put whatever colour you use into a spray bomb for instant touch ups. I think it's about $15 a can.

MudRam
10-14-2005, 02:10 PM
[iagree] just use bedliner in the floor and lower part of the cab and inside the box, use rockerguard one the lower 1/4 to 1/3 of the truck then paint it.... General Paints makes a marine grade rust paint, Its dynamite tough and fairly cheap, just thin it slightly prep the body and spray... ive got a pro spraygun and rockerguard gun you can borrow if you want, and ill give you a few pointers too, just PM me:):)

86 Dodge s/b 440/727/205 on 44's...The rest is custom
If you cant DODGE it...RAM it!!!
If its not "SLIGHTLY MODIFYED" its not mine

skyjacker
10-16-2005, 04:07 PM
ya thats what im gonna do aperantley you can get smooth stuff now so then if you wanna do ur body it isnt rough like the box liner stuff is[8D]