PDA

View Full Version : haow much and where...

Punk in Drublic
10-11-2005, 07:35 AM
to get my slave "power" bled. do you know of any mobile mechanics with the equipment, how much should it cost at a shop. where should i go in mission. anay help would be appreciated.[cheers]

Punk in Drublic
10-11-2005, 10:20 AM
i think its the same system they use for brakes. someon told me the fords can be a bitch to bleed and i tthink it might be my last tranny/clutch problems. info please.

Crazy_Eye
10-11-2005, 03:04 PM
apparently theres some funky ass way to bleed those slaves. the guy at trans tech gave me a sheet on it after I got my clutch and shit done, although me and martin were starting to get a pedal before we found out the slave was hooped

94 f250 ext cab long box. all stock, but gets the job done

pumpkin
10-11-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm in PoCo if you want to bring it by.

ShortStack
10-11-2005, 05:14 PM
this is on the raybestos site ... http://www.raybestos.com/faq.htm

Ford Trucks: Bleeding Clutch Slave Cylinders

Q. After clutch slave cylinder replacement, on numerous Ford Trucks, equipped with the within the bell housing design slave cylinder, I've noticed that bleeding this system is very difficult to remove the air.

A. A clutch slave cylinder that is mounted inside the transmission can be pre-bled before installation. Remove the bleeder screw and fill the cylinder with the proper type of fluid prior to installing the unit. When doing this, hold the cylinder and rotate it in different directions. This will allow air to escape out the bleeder screw and/or inlet. After no air is present, reinstall bleeder screw and hold the slave cylinder near access hole in transmission, attach plastic clutch hose. Install the slave on the transmission. In most cases, no additional bleeding is required. Reinstall transmission and verify proper clutch operation. Bleed slave at external bleed screw if the clutch does not operate properly.

not sure if you're putting in a new one or whatnot but thats the general procedure i've always done, like bench bleeding.

I"m in maple ridge and could try and give you a hand if you want. Be out in mission on thursday.

the only shop i've taken a vehicle to in mission is Symons/minute muffler. Not sure if they'd be able to help ya tho.

ez_b
10-11-2005, 11:28 PM
theres no point, it's sucha small system, you won't need more than a few pumps to clear the system.

you'd be foolish not too

Punk in Drublic
10-12-2005, 09:38 AM
if i just pop the top off the master and crack the bleeder of the slave to gravitry bleed it will it empty right out. my hood got left open with the cap off the master and i think it has water in it. that was one of the reasons i thought to get it power bled. if'ns i got water in there im sure that could be a problem.