PDA

View Full Version : bronco randomly dies, need help

bigrigdan
10-10-2005, 09:58 PM
hey my 78 bronco randomly dies after about 10-15 minutes of driving, so when it gets warm it will just out of nowhere die and it sounds like its dying cause its outta gas but its not. I've already replaced the ignition module and then it happened once after that. Any ideas?

Dieseljeep
10-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Check the stator/reluctor in the distributor .I had an old dodge that did that it would warm up then die ,let it cool for about 10-15 then it would run fine then die. It was a thermalling so it would cut the ign.feeling like it was starving ofr fuel.Parts ran me $35 i think.
Just a thought

85 Turbo Diesel XJ
Lots of mods.
Injection is nice but, I`d rather be blown!

stuckle
10-11-2005, 12:20 AM
burn burn burn it

buy a chevy

92 Full-Size Blazer, 33 Inch Duellers, Bilstein's, and Lunchlady Horns[36]

redneckriders
10-11-2005, 12:27 PM
don't buy a Chevy[16]
then you will get stuck just like Stuckle[f]

OldEnuff
10-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Does this happen every time you drive it, over and over again, or only occasionally?

If gas supply is always good (check at the carb by pumping it a few times just after it dies) and you have replaced the ignition (DSII?) module then it could be an intermittent short in your coil caused by heat and vibration.
It has happened to me before :D

__________________________________________________ ________

'85 Bronco - SASed, Locked and Lifted
'87 Bronco on Propane otherwise stock

bigrigdan
10-11-2005, 02:33 PM
well it started happening one day so i brought it to a shop and they replaced the ignition module, and they ran it for a while idling i guess but on the drive home it died once more. so its off the road right now. and by the way, thanks a lot for all the input, it really helps a lot.