PDA

View Full Version : brake pedal surging?

mini
10-10-2005, 03:26 PM
why is it that when i come to a stop now my brake pedal feels like it is pulsating (almost like abs)?

i went to stave yesterday and everyday before that it has never done it untill yesterday when i was leaving stave and now it does it all the time?

the only good thing about it is that i have a really good pedal and the truck acctually stops when i want it to!

any insight would be greatly appreciated thanx

dana 44 sas on the way

Broncoo
10-10-2005, 03:54 PM
warped rotor

he who dies with the most toys still dies

crimsen
10-10-2005, 07:27 PM
does it pulsate while braking or once you come to a complete stop?

warped rotor is it when brakes are applied and your still rolling, if its when you stopped, possubly something surging in your vaccum lines which connect to the booster ?

------------------------
i had something funny to write here but a crackhead stole it.

m j
10-10-2005, 09:56 PM
time for rotors

OldEnuff
10-10-2005, 10:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by mini

why is it that when i come to a stop now my brake pedal feels like it is pulsating (almost like abs)?

i went to stave yesterday and everyday before that it has never done it untill yesterday when i was leaving stave and now it does it all the time?

the only good thing about it is that i have a really good pedal and the truck acctually stops when i want it to!

any insight would be greatly appreciated thanx

My '87 Bronco does that too..... just pretend it is ABS [redneck]

__________________________________________________ ________

'85 Bronco - SASed, Locked and Lifted
'87 Bronco on Propane otherwise stock

bigyellowbronco
10-11-2005, 03:02 PM
[stupid]

Rebulon Refurbulater
10-12-2005, 05:56 AM
rotors and pads....grease seals for hubs and repack wheel bearings while u r there

Life is like a shit sandwich.....The more "bread" you have ...the less shit you taste!!!!!91 F-350 Long box,standard cab,.work in progress!
Wheelin',Workin',........oh yeah....Sex!

89Ford
10-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Mine started doing that to, even though i have abs id never felt it before. I went in to have my tires ballenced because i knew the weights had fallen off and the mechanic came and got me and showed me that the bottom pin that holds my calpiper in place had almost fallen right out. He put a new one in and my peddal has been smooth ever since

89 F250 4x4 302 dana60, 50 up front, 4:10s

dirty girl
10-15-2005, 07:50 AM
there are abs sensors in each front wheel, and when they go they can cause your brake pedal to pulse as if the abs is activating too soon.
If pads and rotors aren't the problem, that could be it.
Dirty Girl

ShortStack
10-15-2005, 10:41 AM
I think Crimsen asked the proper question, part of a diagnoses is knowing when it happens.

It could be all of the things listed above. It could also be others.

Before we tell mini what to buy or change, we should have all the facts :D

The simple thing is rotors and pads. The not so cheap part is sensors/accumulator. Could just be dirt.

Rebulon Refurbulater
10-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Diagnosis is for work......tjhis site is for relaxation......on my time off i prefer the KISS theorum.........Good Luck

Life is like a shit sandwich.....The more "bread" you have ...the less shit you taste!!!!!91 F-350 Long box,standard cab,.work in progress!
Wheelin',Workin',........oh yeah....Sex!