PDA

View Full Version : FUEL PUMP XJ

carey
10-04-2005, 03:53 PM
I'VE GONE THREW 2 PUMPS IN 2 MONTHS!
WHAT DOES ANYBODY THINK OF THIS ISSUE?
I'VE BOUGHT CARTIER AND BOSCH
I'M ON MY 2 BOSCH NOW AND IT'S BEEN 1 WEEK
WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM IF THIS ONE GOES?

Big_Ern
10-04-2005, 04:13 PM
the problem is, it's a jeep[f]

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

carey
10-04-2005, 04:22 PM
VERY FUNNY
AREN'T YOU A LITTLE BIG FOR TOYS NOW THAT'S WHAT I HEARD FROM YOUR MOM

Milkman
10-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Where did you buy that? Lordco Napa? Just take it back. Warranty. Put in a new one. Sounds like a bad part.

2003 rubicon 99 xj
33's ---------31's
Working on both of them

Milkman
10-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Put in a truck filter or drain tank. Maby your tank is full of crap. How old is your tank?

2003 rubicon 99 xj
33's ---------31's
Working on both of them

carey
10-04-2005, 05:57 PM
I'VE DRAINED THE TANK NOT MUCH OF ANYTHING
BOUGHT THE FIRST CARTIER AT LORDCO
THE SECOUND BOSCH AT JEEP/DODGE AND IT IS STILL WORKING ,BUT I HAVE NO FAITH IN THE BUSH ON TRIPS UNTILL I SOLVE THE PROBLEM
I CAN DEAL WITH A LOT OF THINGS BUT FUEL AND ELECTRICAL ARE TO SCREWING WHEN IN THE BUSH

kootenaycat
10-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Are you sure you have good power supply and good ground at pump terminals? Reason I'm asking is we had similar problems on an Exploder, replaced pump, came back couple months later no start, bad pump, replaced under warranty, came back several months later same thing! Replaced again under warranty, then 3rd time back I get stuck with job, I found bad terminals at sending unit (bottom side) couldn't see until I pulled fuel pump/combo and checked carefully which other tech should have done![27]

Other then that, how much shite is in the bottom of the tank? Does your XJ have the pump in the tank, or above the rear axle like mine? I just bought mine, and haven't even looked to see where the filter is! You may want to put a filter between tank and pump if your pump is out of tank like mine.

mogster
10-07-2005, 03:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by mogster

hows the filter down stream of the pump,maybe your tryin to push fuel through a clogged filter and burnin out pump?
i've had a pump that worked intermitantly,then stopped ,so i took out to replace,and just for the hell of it hooked it up to a external power source,worked fine,the problem was a bad relay switch.