PDA

View Full Version : S-10 blazer trans problem

Denaliboy
09-26-2005, 07:55 AM
auto transmission doesn't shift out of 1st. if i take it up to about 50 km/m and let it coast for a while then it shifts.

when i come to a stop it starts out in drive = huge lack of power, or i can pull it down to second for starting out = huge lack of power. (doesn't kick down when under load.

i can pull it into first but then it won't shift out of first again

is there a shift control module / vacuum line i can check or is my transmission fuckered ?

thanks [cheers]

[31] this drinking club has a 4X4 problem [31]

michaelwelch
09-26-2005, 02:54 PM
theres two lines on the top of your tranny you might have to lower your tranny down to see if there attached but check both ends of those lines other then that your tranny it probly fuked. i got a question for you i have an s10 blazer i went out 4wheelin one day a week later i went to go again and my 4x4 doesnt work i put it in 4LO and my front wheels just dont engage the back wheels go into 4Lo but the front dont what could be wrong with that???

adrock
09-26-2005, 05:32 PM
is it a 700r, if so check your tv cable see if its damaged or unhooked.

Denaliboy
09-26-2005, 07:05 PM
thanks for the input... michael these pieces of crap come with auto-locking hubs. they're junk and one of yours probably doesn't work. check to see if you're getting power to your front diff, but its probably your auto-locking hubs

lakahahahman
09-26-2005, 07:23 PM
check your vacuum line under the hood before checking anything to see why front end not engaging

crimsen
09-26-2005, 07:26 PM
i would say the hubs are not getting locked in, chec the vaccum canister under the hood.

as for the trans, sounds like it may be fucked if the lines are all connected.

------------------------
i had something funny to write here but a crackhead stole it.

Blazerboy
09-26-2005, 08:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Denaliboy

auto transmission doesn't shift out of 1st. if i take it up to about 50 km/m and let it coast for a while then it shifts.

when i come to a stop it starts out in drive = huge lack of power, or i can pull it down to second for starting out = huge lack of power. (doesn't kick down when under load.

i can pull it into first but then it won't shift out of first again

is there a shift control module / vacuum line i can check or is my transmission fuckered ?

thanks [cheers]

yah im having the same problem it wont kick down. Ive notced there a vacuum line byt he driver side front tire that always comes out ill try it with and with out and see what happens

1992 S-10 Tahoe Blazer,32's BFG M'T's,3 inch Body Lift, 2 inch suspension lift,4.3L

Blazer
09-26-2005, 08:48 PM
michaelwelch, on my buds 89 I just replaced the vacum actuator under the battery tray, it blew the diafram off would not lock in the front diff.

75 Blazer 6in lift hacked fenders 350/4 spd 205tc stitting on 36/1450/15 swampers

09-26-2005, 10:44 PM
I had the same problem on my 91 with the locking hubs.I forgot about it till now.I had to pull on the diaphram and use vise grips each time but that worked well and i never did fix it.

"Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake a whole relationship."

michaelwelch
09-27-2005, 02:42 PM
do i just take off the battery tray and its right there?

Blazer
09-27-2005, 06:48 PM
Ya pretty much it has a vac line and a cable that goes to the diff,its about 3in. around and has a black diafram. Just push on the spring to remove the cable. thats on this year(89),most I've seen that were they are. I've heard of people doing away with it all together and just running a cable in to the cab and engaging the diff manualy.
hope this helps its also in the haynes manuals.

75 Blazer 6in lift hacked fenders 350/4 spd 205tc stitting on 36/1450/15 swampers