PDA

View Full Version : flowmaster

Explorer guy418
09-18-2005, 01:26 PM
hey guys n gals i bought a flowmaster 40 series for my 87 jeep yj 4.2 and well put it on and took out the cadillac converter and it doesnt sound the best, will puttin the cadillac converter in make it any better?

88 Ranger - R.I.P
|1987 Jeep YJ|4.2L|Rhyno Lined Interior|4'' Suspension Lift|33 Inch Mud Kings|

- Future Upgrades - 3'' body lift, Tube Doors, Onboard Air.

MSN: daryl_crutch@hotmail.com
[!]Chevrolet

FokkerDude
09-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Putting the cat back on will make it more quiet than without. Your Jeep may even run a bit better better and get better fuel milage. Not to mention better for passing aircare and better for the air we breathe.

No Wife, No Kids, No Problems.

09-18-2005, 07:05 PM
It doesnt sound gooder cause they suck on anything less than a v8.They arent made for 6 cylinders so what ya hear is what ya get.

"Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake a whole relationship."

Moondog
09-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Flowmasters are designed to run with cats so the volume of noise will not be effected. The reason it is sounding different is bscause you removed your cat. The O2 sensor is slowly getting dirty eventually you will not be able to start your Jeep at all. My advise is to put your cat back on as not only will you fail your aircare on emissions but it is also ilegal in BC to remove them from any vehicle that comes from the factory with one installed.

FrogDog
09-18-2005, 08:32 PM
[iagree]

------------------------------------------------------
I know, who the fuck asked me anyway ..

Explorer guy418
09-18-2005, 08:39 PM
i dont need aircare ha ha i think the pipe after the muffler is to long

88 Ranger - R.I.P
|1987 Jeep YJ|4.2L|Rhyno Lined Interior|4'' Suspension Lift|33 Inch Mud Kings|

- Future Upgrades - 3'' body lift, Tube Doors, Onboard Air.

MSN: daryl_crutch@hotmail.com
[!]Chevrolet

England
09-19-2005, 01:20 PM
There is a flow for that type of engine its on the flow website is that the one you got or did you just buy it ?? I have the HO 4 straight 6 and I know they have a system for that but you dont get it unless you ask the guys in the shop !!! Or from the site . I have a list of them if yer want it mate just let me know .. Oh and we have pretty much the same jeep mate !! Mines the one in the whipsaw pics !!!!

Toyrantula
09-19-2005, 03:31 PM
I punched out the cat and installed a pipe inside the cat. Added on the Flowmaster and it DID make a HP difference. Sounds better than the other cheap crap out there. Seems funny when a newbie asks if I got a small block in my toy.

I`m hung like Einstein
and smart as a horse.

phatmatt
09-19-2005, 03:41 PM
Put your cadillac converter back in it's better than driving a Jeep.[16][16][16]

If you try to please everybody, nobody will like it.