PDA

View Full Version : 95 chev idle/throttle screwed

G-rizzle Swank
09-11-2005, 06:21 PM
ok my dad has a 85 chev 1/2 ton with a 350 in it and driving home from hunting today the rpms kept going up when the peddle was off. it has that weird throttle body injector shit. its like that 1/2carb 1/2 injection or whatever. could it be the computer that screwed or something? i have a carb so i dont know all this computer shit. thanks

They dont call me the Swank for nothin.......

Wait.. maybe they do

pumpkin
09-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Check for vacume leaks. The throttle body base gaskets are common for leaking.

Andrew Goll
09-12-2005, 04:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by G-rizzle Swank

ok my dad has a 95 chev 1/2 ton with a 350 in it and driving home from hunting today the rpms kept going up when the peddle was off. it has that weird throttle body injector shit. its like that 1/2carb 1/2 injection or whatever. could it be the computer that screwed or something? i have a carb so i dont know all this computer shit. thanks

They dont call me the Swank for nothin.......

Wait.. maybe they do

Where did you go hunting and did you see much movin?

stuckle
09-13-2005, 07:37 AM
k Mine was doing thr same thing. I checked for vacume leaks and didnt find any...then i pulled out the computer. Pluged it in..and the throttle posision sensor that tells the computer where the throttle is on the throttle body injections was jumping around madly...so the computer would try to compensate and dump fuel in. Do you have a computer to plug it into? If not, where are you, maybe you could use mine...

92 Full-Size Blazer, 33 Inch Duellers, Bilstein's, and Lunchlady Horns[36]

Dieseljeep
09-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Scan the thing for codes first,I would almost place a [31]net on it, that is the Throttle Position Sensor(TPS).Also wave an un-lit propane torch around the gaskets with the engine running, a vacuum leak will pick up and stay steady.one thing to also have a look at is the O2 sensor if it is not cycling properly it will send a wierd pulse and the comp will over compensate.
I had this with my dads 91 chev 350 1/2 ton pick up.I did the O2 and half the problem cleared and his fuel economy went up .The TPS totally cleared the odd idle up.
MY recommendation is buy the Bosch O2 sensor.
HTH

85 Turbo Diesel XJ
Lots of mods.
Injection is nice but, I`d rather be blown!

G-rizzle Swank
09-14-2005, 06:33 PM
got it fixed at okanagan engine rebuilders. there was that throttle body gasket was leaking or broken or something. runs perfect now thanks guys

"I roll with my kitties and im hard as fuck"
BUBBLES

stuckle
09-15-2005, 01:48 PM
[36]

good to hear

92 Full-Size Blazer, 33 Inch Duellers, Bilstein's, and Lunchlady Horns[36]