PDA

View Full Version : knocking jeep

dirt balls
09-05-2005, 03:46 PM
well arfter one to meny beers and way to meny safety meetings at stave this weekend i broke the jeep again well tell you the truth it was a lot more once but the rest i can fixs with no ploblem i have 91yj that has a really lound knocking noise now in reverse and only in reverse going forword is fine i know burn it drive it in the lake i heard it all this weekend but seriously i got to fixs this thing any help would be very greatly appreciated thanks

borga
09-07-2005, 11:42 AM
chain strecthed in t case

72 scout sj410

dirt balls
09-08-2005, 03:03 PM
thanks thats where ill start than going to rip it apart this weekend just got to clean the muc off and pick up some brewskis thanks mark

Big_Ern
09-08-2005, 03:10 PM
doh! I though this was a thread for knocking jeeps...[f]

well, I guess I'm here, may as well make some suggestions

Check for the simple stuff first before you tear down the tcase -- it could be just a broken tranny/t-case/engine mount that causes the drive train to tourque up and twise so the driveshaft hits something when you're in reverse. might not happen going forward becasue the drivetrain would torque the opposite direction and not hit anything.

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases [8D]
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

lizard
09-08-2005, 04:32 PM
then burn it

dirt balls
09-14-2005, 02:42 PM
well i put the heep on jack stands and and let it run sounds like its the tranny the nosie seems to be coming from the front of the tranny so it looks like i need a new tranny so heres my next Q dose ant one have a ax15 for sale need to get it up and running again so i can brake it again what a pice of crap its allways some think mabe i should try wheeling with out that liquid gold in me ha yeah right