PDA

View Full Version : 86 bronco 5.0L HELP!!!!

Goatz
09-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Hey i was wondering if anyone could help me as i am stumped
i bought a another 86 bronco yesterday that was running tuesday but when i got there i wont start so i found the the fuel pump wasnt working so i replaced it still wont fire.
It has spark, has fuel pressure but its like the injectors arent letting fuel in cause i pulled a plug and there are bone dry if anyone has any idea please let me know that be greatly apperciated :D

BAH BAH says the Goat

Broncoo
09-04-2005, 07:39 PM
the valve timing is probably off. check the timing chain

what good is it if you can never think of what to put here

sj-x 500
09-04-2005, 07:55 PM
push in the shrader on the passenger side of the fuel rail, see if any fuel shoots out.

Zuk's on Ice.

Goatz
09-04-2005, 08:07 PM
the shrader valve is on the driver side and it shoots out,
hmm that could be the prob with the timming but i am not cause the started it up and drove it around the yard and then turned it off then when my buddy went to look at it i wouldnt start
so found out it was the fuel pump so i changed it but i will try the timming tomorrow
thanks guys

BAH BAH says the Goat

dickrick
09-05-2005, 08:15 AM
There are two fuel pumps on those one in tanh and one under the drivers seat on the frame rail. I had a similar problem with mine and it ended up being two wires on the neg side of the battery fell off. I would check those first there should be 3 on the neg side of the battery. One of those must be the ground for the fuel system. Have someone cycle the key on and off while someone else checks both pumps to see if they are turning on. Another thing to check is the enertia switch which is located on the drivers side firewall above the brake pedle make sure the button is pushed down otherwise it will not give power to thew fuel system. Hope this helps!![cheers]

Giving someone the finger dosen't have to be a bad thing!!
British Columbia school of Proctology

Always broke
09-05-2005, 08:36 AM
dont forget the relay buy the master cylinder check the connections there they usually corrode and fail just keep a spare Bosch relay handy

My friends drive sooo bad I usually have to drive with an on board Nurse!!!!!

Goatz
09-05-2005, 10:41 AM
sweet thanks guys

BAH BAH says the Goat

Goatz
09-05-2005, 04:59 PM
ok i got it started but it wont start by its self i had to use ether to start then it ran but
it revs really high and wont kick down also the voltage gauge goes all the way over full charge like its being over charged then it comes down, but what i can figure is that the injectors arent giving it gas while i am trying to start it or thats what it seems like

BAH BAH says the Goat

In The Zone
09-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Did u check the fuel filter or do a bleed down on the fuel system to see if it is maintianing correct psi or dumping it back in to the tank...

ie regulator.

HMMMMMMM
ITS a FORD

Goatz
09-11-2005, 01:52 PM
fiter is fine and its got lots of pressure now

BAH BAH says the Goat

gordwould
09-16-2005, 12:14 PM
i would go with checking the ground wires buy the battery i beleave there was a similar problem not to long ago on here and it turned out to be a ground problem after replacing every thing but ill check on mitchels and see what has to say and ill let you know but you should be able to hear the injectors ticking if there working

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/uploaded/cracmasterg/2004113015120_Rollup.jpg

Goatz
09-18-2005, 06:18 PM
thnaks

BAH BAH says the Goat

brandonf250
09-19-2005, 01:35 PM
why did you buy another bronco?

Goatz
09-20-2005, 05:59 PM
cause it was cheap...duh

BAH BAH says the Goat

Broncoo
09-20-2005, 07:48 PM
get it fixed? how well does it run when hot have yuo pulled the codes yet?

he who dies with the most toys still dies

Goatz
09-23-2005, 05:36 PM
yea it runs , the idle control valve is pooched

BAH BAH says the Goat