PDA

View Full Version : jeeps in the news

caveman
08-26-2005, 03:36 PM
[16]Just heard on the news that the rcmp is going to start giving
out $109 tickets to jeep owners for driving with out doors. What the fuck is with that. They say that it is a dangerous, u may be thrown
from the jeep if involved in an accident.

Big_Ern
08-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Its only really legal if you vehicle came from the factory with doors as an option -- older CJs etc

Most cops are lenient about it if you mount up some sideview mirrors, but its always been illegal.

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases [8D]
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

NickB
08-26-2005, 03:42 PM
isn't come that way from the factory.WTF COPS SUCK.

No its not cold out,its just really small

Big_Ern
08-26-2005, 03:44 PM
newer YJ/TJs doors were factory, unlike the older ones where they were an Option...

That said I've drive my Toy to/from the trail without doors or sideview mirrors. But I take the back way and its not a daily driver.

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases [8D]
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

sj-x 500
08-26-2005, 04:06 PM
but if you got a pipe door, you're alright.
it blows cuz before they were pretty decent about it, but now they're having a crack down on it.

Zuk's on Ice.

cjMike
08-26-2005, 04:31 PM
I drive about 165 kms a day in and out of town and i see everyday a guy in a yj or tj with no doors on whatsoever .The thing the cops are getting down on are the fact that people are not running mirrors on these trucks!Brackets are available to relocate the mirrors and that will pass most of the time and keep the coppers off your necks![cheers]

"BLACK WIDOW " COMING SOON TO A THEATRE NEW YOU SPRING 2006

FokkerDude
08-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Sounds like the RCMP have a new cash cow. An extra $109 here, another $109 there. I could only see a cop bugging somebody about it if they were really bored or just to be a Nazi prick.

No Wife, No Kids, No Problems.

cjMike
08-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Well ive driven my sammy no doors for about 3 months and have never been bothered but i do have my mirrors relocated on the truck.The cash cow thing will never end thats for sure![27]

Always broke
08-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Guess that means I better relocate those mirrors right away and my truck came with the doors as an option WWWOOOOOHHHHOOOOO[cheers][cheers][cheers]

My friends drive sooo bad I usually have to drive with an on board Nurse!!!!!

jeeper
08-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Im probably the only one here that really can use that excuse ! The top REALLY was an option for mine when I bought it:)

Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

cjMike
08-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Hey there 82 cj7 top optional too![f]

HEAVY METAL
08-26-2005, 09:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by cjMike

I drive about 165 kms a day in and out of town and i see everyday a guy in a yj or tj with no doors on whatsoever .The thing the cops are getting down on are the fact that people are not running mirrors on these trucks!Brackets are available to relocate the mirrors and that will pass most of the time and keep the coppers off your necks![cheers]

nailed it there bro... if you have sideview mirrors u'll be in better shape...

-----------------------

GIVING THE GIRLS THE MUSHROOM CAP...ONE AT A TIME....STARTED WITH PRINCESS.....NEXT?

Hyenuf
08-26-2005, 11:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by sj-x 500

but if you got a pipe door, you're alright.
it blows cuz before they were pretty decent about it, but now they're having a crack down on it.

Zuk's on Ice.

AHHHHH Nope!!!

hate to break the news to ya but "Pipe" doors don't cut it either!

I can find the section and all that crap if you want but I recall having this same conversation on "The other <s>bored</s> board"

:D

It's not that there are too many stupid people in the world..

It's that lightning is not properly distributed!

- Samuel Clements