PDA

View Full Version : tranny linkages

Toe Jam
08-22-2005, 12:59 PM
ok I'm finaly almost done putting the tranny back in the truck, but because i've been such a lazy ass and took so long to put it back together, I can't remember where the kick down lever is attached to.

the book i have says nothing about it, i've been playing with it for ages.

its a 74 f250 with a c6 auto and a 390. If anyone knows how it gets hooked up it would be great if u could explain it to me, or if anyone has a 70's ford with an auto that i could look at to see how it goes, that would also work.

thanx

Ford First on Race DAy

Rebulon Refurbulater
08-23-2005, 04:17 PM
I believe there is a second lever at the shifter shaft on the trans.....(this is jusyt from a 20 yr old memory of this)
The rod has convoluted bends that leads to the carb. the slotted end of the rod at the carb. On the side of the carb there shopuld be a quarter inch pin or so with a small hole drilled in it for a small retaining clip....the slot allows for regular pedal motion but when you open the throttle all the way it pushes and holds the rod so more pressure can be applied to the valve body....when you put on the slotted rod dont forget a small spring washer before the retainer.....hope this helps
Pete[31]

91 F-350 Long box,standard cab,dual tanks,1200 lb up front,8000 lb out back,hi-steer,5:13's detroit in back,lockright in front.42"irocks on 16" steelies....work in progress!
Wheelin',Workin',........oh yeah....Sex!

Toe Jam
08-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Hey thanx Rebulon

Was able to find that pin and hooked up that linkage, now my only problem is that i lost the little stud used to attach my shifter linkage to the tranny, and a bolt hits the kick back linkage when i shift.

mayble lordco will sell that stud, or maybe a carrige bolt will work.

thanx again

Ford First on Race DAy

Rebulon Refurbulater
08-30-2005, 04:27 PM
try wrecker on the weekend if they will let you get your own

91 F-350 Long box,standard cab,dual tanks,1200 lb up front,8000 lb out back,hi-steer,5:13's detroit in back,lockright in front.42"irocks on 16" steelies....work in progress!
Wheelin',Workin',........oh yeah....Sex!

In The Zone
08-30-2005, 04:52 PM
I agree the kick down should attach to the throttle on the carb so as when u stomp on it it kicks the lever down on the trans.. make sense?

HMMMMMMM
ITS a FORD

Toe Jam
08-30-2005, 05:41 PM
i searched all the wreckers yesterday looking for the stud, coudn't find it but i think i found a bolt with a small enoug head to work, or at least it seems too.

and ya i figured out the kickdown part. it is now solved. thanx for all the help

Ford First on Race DAy

BigC
08-31-2005, 05:43 AM
[f]I got a C-6 layin in the driveway that Crimsen should have picked up by now.
I hear late night shoppers get a deal[Shhh]

hornythrony
08-31-2005, 08:57 AM
hey big C dont you live in kamloops or kelowna? cuz buddy lives near me in abby but if you live near i will kick his A$$ to go get it

its a fullsize thing! jeep owners just wont understand :p

BigC
09-01-2005, 11:21 AM
[27] Yup I'm in Winfield, little far[?]