PDA

View Full Version : CV boots

Kevins4
08-22-2005, 11:11 AM
My cv boot on my 88 chev 2500 ins ripped in half and i heard of a replacment for them that slides ontop or however it work so that you dont need to take off the wheel brakes to slide a new boot on is this true and if so where can i get them?

Dieseljeep
08-22-2005, 11:25 AM
[!]IFS Suspension,to start with --- Moving on ,
Those "over the old boot kits" suck as they last maybe 4-6 months.I have tried them. I removed the old boot with a razor knife then slid the repair boot in and then "zipped" it to gether and added CV grease. Within about 5 months the grease covered the inner fenders and such and this was a pavement princess.I warrenteed the job and it lasted anothe 3 months as the winter snow had hit.
Dollar for daollar spend the extra cash and time and do it right especially if you wheel it.Hardest part of doing the job is having the correct socket size for the stub axle.36mm I think.

85 Turbo Diesel XJ
Lots of mods.
Water covers 75% of the Earth - Jeeps cover the rest!

Big_Ern
08-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Canadian tire, lordco, and any other auto parts store should carry them

---------------------
Jeeps are like tampons....
Every pussy needs one[f]

TeaBag: '80 Toy "4Runner" on 36" SXs with dual t-cases [8D]
Daily Driver: '83 RX-7
Old rig: '89 4Runner 'The Last Ride (http://www.funinbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14144)'

Kevins4
08-22-2005, 12:56 PM
in reply to dieseljeep i only need it to last past sept long at stave then im doing my sas
big ern, thanks

Dieseljeep
08-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Kevins4 then that is the way to go then i think it was the same price as a regular cv boot. Dont forget to buy the grease.

85 Turbo Diesel XJ
Lots of mods.
Water covers 75% of the Earth - Jeeps cover the rest!