PDA

View Full Version : Who can braze?

wade and cleatus
08-18-2005, 01:46 PM
My rad needs fixy at the lower spout, i got acetalene but no oxy, have brazing tips too. Can anyone help a fella out? I got no ride, and i want to get it done asap or im walkin to a rad shop to get it done tommorrow.

~GOSH!.............................IDIOT!~

stuckle
08-18-2005, 04:16 PM
i can sorta braze..not good enough to do it on someone else's vehicle tho...

1992 Full Size Blazer, 33" BridgeStone Duellers, Bilstein's

jeeper
08-18-2005, 05:10 PM
I can solder that for you Wade -its not brazin on a rad !

Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

In The Zone
08-18-2005, 05:33 PM
yeah silver soder will work fine u dont need to braize it unless it is right in the joint on the filer neck for strength but i have succsefully sodered em up as well just make sure itis clean and dry.

HMMMMMMM
ITS a FORD

m j
08-18-2005, 09:31 PM
needs to be very clean

wade and cleatus
08-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Well we soldered it up before and it appears to have cracked around the solder now. Granpa's a retired plumber, he's gonna fly at it today and we'll see what we can do. The damn rad isnt even 2 years old yet, the last one cracked in the same place too!

In The Zone
08-19-2005, 06:19 PM
wade is there enough support to cusion the big bumps?
if she rattles it will strain your necks'

HMMMMMMM
ITS a FORD

wade and cleatus
08-19-2005, 08:54 PM
Donnered! G-pa did a kick ass job, my truck rips it up, runs real good![36] No probs with the new mill, im so happy with it, tok a lot of work but its done. Thanks to dexter302 (greg) and 82yota (colin), they did a lot to help me and it still wouldnt be done without them!
Stand up fella's i say, i wish i could say the same about a lot of you arse holes.

wade and cleatus
08-19-2005, 09:24 PM
I was j/k boot that but only sorta. Some would help if'n they could, but others. Meh. Y'all dis colin but he's always helped me all he could. Where were you?