PDA

View Full Version : Rubicon/TJ - clutch tranny noise?

ShortStack
08-14-2005, 04:17 PM
my dad just got an 05 rubicon 6spd. To me it sounds like it has clutch chatter and you can hear it got into every gear.

It had an oil leak and tranny leak...which was apparently due to an oil change. I'll be taking that in tomorrow and having a chat with the service department and checking the fluids.

They say it doesn't make any noise. Now i've been doing this long enough to know 'no noise' vs. chatter and gear selecting.

So now before i go in tomorrow...i'm wondering if anyone else has this problem. I've driven rigs with 800 000 km on em that were quieter than this.

help?! I know its hard to help 'noises' remote but ya ....

jeeper
08-14-2005, 04:26 PM
if hes leaking fluids out of the rear main it will be onto the clutch plate and a cause for chatter ! If its got oil on the clutch it needs to be replaced ! Definatly wareenty work !

Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

ShortStack
08-14-2005, 04:36 PM
yes i'll be taking it back in tomorrow, my brother took it in on friday.

they woulda rather dealt with him.

half the time it wont go into gear either. SO i know it either has low fluid or the clutch is screwed.

BTW .... how hot should the run. Ours runs at 3/4 the dial. (hate those dials) To me thats too hot for a new vehicle. And it'll get that hot in under 20min

jeeper
08-14-2005, 04:50 PM
who knows on a dial -id think 1/4 on the dial but you never knkow what they are really reading

Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

ShortStack
08-15-2005, 09:55 AM
i just got under it, its still leaking and its definetly the rear main.

it goes into the service manager tomorrow.

I slashed my finger open on the cross member. Looky loos beware