PDA

View Full Version : Post about Vic

StillRYE
08-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Ok I just shook my head when I started to read this everyone now knows what happened with Vic and I also posted the same thing I posted here on bc4x4 ( I was reluctant to do so) this is the kinda post I get in return

Are you sure that 'Vic' doesn't have any insurance? If he's got a valid BCDL, and he's injured through the use and operation of a motor vehicle in North America, then he at least has the potential for Part VII of the Insurance (Motor Vehicle) Act coverage. This provides up to $150,000 in medical/rehabliitative benefits, and includes temporary total disability benefits for those who are employed (not much, as it's a max of $300 per week). These are payable until he is no longer totally disabled, or hits age 65. This insurance package is one of the benefits of ICBC - nothing else like it in Canada or the US.

Also, if his injuries were caused by the fault of someone else, then he has a legal claim, with the basic tenet that he's entitled to be put in the position that he would have enjoyed, but for the negligence of the other driver - as best money can do. $$ can be a poor substitute for one's health, but it's the best we're able to do.

....and good for you for organizing this type of event. I hope that all goes well.

Does this rub anyone else the wrong way??

------------------------------------------------
If I don't die by Thursday I'll be roarin on Friday!!!!

Yes I am opinionated and drunk whats it too ya!!!

82 Toyota LB 33x12.50 M/T,fully rebuilt 22R bored .030 over, comp cam,350 Holley carb, Hedman header

86 4runner gloss black spray bomb paint job and power windows

REDNECK-WELDING
08-04-2005, 08:09 AM
typical bc4x4 guys[16][21][1][11][2][35][wako]

72 GMC 3/4 TON ON 38.5 BOGGERS,SHORTBOX STEPSIDE 10INCH LIFT, WITH CAM INTAKE HEADERS, 3INCH EXAUST. CADILLAC ELECTRIC SEATS
91GMC DIESEL 5.5INCHS ON 35'S , STRIEGHT PIPE

Honky
08-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Iím sure they were just trying to help. Even if he has insurance that usually only cover very basic expenses. Always good to help another wheeler and the family

--------
LETS GO CAMPING... LETS GO WHEELING!!!!

dickrick
08-04-2005, 09:13 AM
[iagree]with Kevin ! And please let us know when the trust fund or account is set up so we can help financially![36][cheers]

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

Toyrantula
08-04-2005, 09:38 AM
It more than rubs me, cause they do not understand what is going on.

There is a lawyer involved in getting Vic compensation for the accident. But what is he to do in the meantime for living expenses for his family? Mortgage, moving expenses and so forth.

I wish I could post bc4x4 and explain why there is a fundraiser.

The donations will be there to be used as they need it. If they dont need it, they can donate the funds to a womens shelter, send a kid or 2 to camp. If I know the Sery`s like I think I do, they will not squander it or abuse the donations.

I see the fund as something to fall back on just in case something happens.

I`m hung like Einstein
and smart as a horse.