PDA

View Full Version : Dead 4X4 Need help

outdoorextremist
08-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Earlier today the GF was heading to work, she jumped into the truck and drove about 4 blocks and the truck stalled, she started it again but it stalled 60 sec later, it took her 4 trys just to turn it around. It suck because I am at work and have to fix it after, with NO clue what is wrong any ideas to give me a heads up would be muchly appreciated.

just so info on it, no its not out of propane.

thanks to all that help

91 Ford F250 4x4, 302 on propane,with shorty headers, and 33" tires.
I am No redneck, I am a Backwoods hillbilly

Camorokee
08-03-2005, 10:49 AM
is the regulator or mixer freezing

bigger is always better

outdoorextremist
08-03-2005, 11:08 AM
No the propane systems seems all good. its not freezing or anything

outdoorextremist
08-04-2005, 07:02 AM
I got it running last night, what a pain in the A**. I had to crank it over alot, it would start then stop, I ended up reaving the hell out of it, through the loops and farts, hell it back fire so bad it blow my air filter case to sh*t, but its running now, I am going to have to take it to the mechanic's and get them to hook it up to the code reader, hopefuly they can tell me what is wrong. I am starting to think that I should have bought a GMC or a Jeep. What happened to the good old days when you could fix your truck on the side of the road with a tooth pick and nail file.

LOL

Goatz
08-04-2005, 06:20 PM
that sucks lol

BAH BAH says the Goat

Broncoo
08-04-2005, 06:39 PM
probly a gasket in the propane system that is blown or leakin pane can be a pita sometimes

what good is it if you can never think of what to put here

dexter302
08-04-2005, 06:44 PM
ok,, if your water level is low,, it could freeze the mixer and stop it fvrom working,,, if your engine has low vacuum at idle,,, (leaky lines/gaskets) it will shut the reuglator off and stop flow of propane,,, in the regulator,, there is a little round fabric like filter,,, needs replacing often,, propane is a dirty fuel in a liquid state,, check the filter,, its like 10 little screws to take the reg apart...

This space for rent
..._______
../_______\
.(]]__o__[[)
|\_o ___o_/|
|_|.........|_|

.............//)
..........,/../ /
........./..../ /
....//'...'/.`
./'/.../..../.....:^.\
('(.......... _/'...'/
\.................'...../
.'\'...\.......... _.
...\..............(
....\..............\

outdoorextremist
08-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Ok so I think I found out what is wrong with the Bloody motor, not its not a proane problem and its not electirical, after putting out hundreds of buck on things and mechanic shops, the end result was I might have found the problem on my own, it looks like the front right bolt mount on the plenum (upper intake) is cracks, I hope this is the problem since I just when and bought another plenum and throttle body for the thing, starting to think it would have been cheaper to buy a chevy or hell even a toyota.
anyone think that it could be the problem to my ordeal??
I will tell ya later if it was the problem or not.

lizard
08-16-2005, 01:45 PM
[[""anyone think that it could be the problem to my ordeal??""[[[

Yah thats it,you should have bought a toyota

outdoorextremist
08-16-2005, 02:06 PM
LOL

Talk to the propane installer today on my lunch, from what he was saying, It could have been worst, when propane back fires it can do a hell of alot more damage then what it did do, good thing ford parts are cheap.

outdoorextremist
08-17-2005, 07:40 AM
well last night I pulled the plenum off and installed the new one, just have to torque the bolts to spec now. any ways the old on is
f--cked. only thing its good for it a door stop, the base is cracked and the is a 1/8 inch gap from this. oh well I hope its works.....

Rebulon Refurbulater
08-20-2005, 06:28 AM
me too

For Sale 38.5x12.5x16.5 tsl sx super swampers on steel 8 lug rims only 2 left for spares. Good from 36 to 38 inch tires...100.00 ea..7"springs for super duty...like new ...send me a msg.
Wheelin',Workin',........oh yeah....Sex!

outdoorextremist
08-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Well F**CKKKK, the I got the truck runing last night, I replaced the EEC relay but that was not the problem either, then I replaced the little grey box on the side of the distributor, that was the F**CKIN problem all along, I wish someone could have told me this before, I would have had new tires and winch, with the money I would have saved. I guess in the future when wheeling in the bush I will have a spare one with me. the hardest part about about replacing the PIP sencer is getting the time set up. Oh and that you can't just use any socket, you have to have a really thin walled one. LOL
Next next up is redoing the front end,bushings and bearings.

lakahahahman
09-02-2005, 09:57 PM
hey why not chech the ignition module

it is a little grey thing on the side of the distributer

boris
09-05-2005, 05:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by lakahahahman

hey why not chech the ignition module

it is a little grey thing on the side of the distributer
[stupid]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/1978bronco/chick.gifMERCURY
Better than a Ford but not quite a Lincoln

Broncoo
09-05-2005, 08:19 PM
make sure you put dielectric grease on the tfi to distrubutor mating surfaces cuz the tfi uses the dist. as a heat sink and will crap out if it gets too hot

what good is it if you can never think of what to put here

outdoorextremist
09-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Yuppers it was the module on the side of the distributor, I didn't put any dielectric grease on it though I guess I should hey. I was only told after everything was don't that its really common for them to screw up, so with that I will be packing one in the truck with me when I am out in the brush. on top of that I have put a new coil ecc relay and cap and rotor. just need new wires and plugs and the ignition system is almost new.