PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have this problem?

allwagon
08-01-2005, 09:50 AM
1st Fluids mixed in the 400 small, pulled off the top half of the engine and it looks like the intake leeked! After running for a month or two a year for six years.....Bolts were a little loose, the engine is a little lumpy, but I never thought that I would have to check intake bolts periodically....... Has anyone heard of this happening? Don't know if I should go deeper into the engine or not!

Just what I need, another wagon!

sj-x 500
08-01-2005, 10:15 AM
the threads may be fubar'd or possibly torqued out of sequence?

Zuk's on Ice.

ShortStack
08-01-2005, 10:30 AM
mine come loose well the lifter nut on #8 all the time on my 350. Its annoying.

I know this isn't hte same but after putting a new engine in my Rabbit i have that problem. Its a 2.0 but I ported the head to the max, added a ported audi intake, and a lumpy ass cam, a downpipe etc ... and I had to loctite everything because bolts kept flying off and backing out. I have to go over the engine again now cause it has a hum when you let off the gas, i think its the intake.

But ya, I'd check the torque's and maybe buy new bolts to throw in.

kootenaycat
08-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Never heard of intake bolts coming that loose even after several years running! Saw one SBC that a customer did his own engine swap, screwed up the intake gasket on assembly and had coolant in the oil. Antifreeze and bearing don't mix, but if it doesn't have a bottom end knock by now, run it 'til it does, unless you have the time to put new mains and rods into it.

78bronco
08-01-2005, 05:52 PM
just locktight the bolts if your worried about.Is it an aluminum intake?

HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A BIGBLOCK

allwagon
08-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Everything is except for the block...... 500hp, Is it worth taking the gamble?

allwagon
08-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Everythings done and sure as shit , it was the intake.....Never before have I seen this!

digger
08-05-2005, 09:18 AM
had that happen in my old boat

a little locktight and all was well

-----

GET OFF THE TIT

lizard
08-05-2005, 12:43 PM
""""mine come loose well the lifter nut on #8 all the time on my 350. Its annoying""""

jamie replace that nut, they are supposed to lock but not if the threads fucked.also see if the rocker stud is loose